Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tenoch Huerta breaks silence over Maria Rios' sexual assault allegation, says they had 'consensual relationship'

2023-06-13 04:59
After our relationship ended, Maria Elena Rios began to misrepresent our interactions privately and in front of mutual friends,' alleged Tenoch Huerta
Tenoch Huerta breaks silence over Maria Rios' sexual assault allegation, says they had 'consensual relationship'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Two days after Tenoch Huerta was accused of sexual assault, the 'Marvel' star has now denied the "sexual predator" allegations against him. On Saturday, June 10, activist and musician Maria Elena Rios said that the actor had sexually assaulted her.

"It’s very difficult to talk about the emotional abuse and the abuse of power of a sexual predator who is loved around the world for playing a character in a movie such as Tenoch Huerta," Rios wrote. "Why am I late in talking about it? Because I have a process. Why didn't I report? Because I was afraid that this would happen: people who refuse to believe that a superhero is an abuser, manipulator, and sexual predator. Yes, you, Tenoch Huerta abuse because you know you have power," she tweeted later.

Huerta calls allegations 'false', says they had a 'consensual relationship'

Following the outrage that broke out after the allegations, Huerta took to Instagram to issue a lengthy statement denying Rios' claims. The 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' star stated that the accusations are "false and completely substantiated" and claimed they had a months-long consensual relationship.

"Throughout it was a loving, warm, and mutually supportive relationship. After it ended, however, Elena began to misrepresent our interactions both privately and in front of groups of mutual friends," Heurta stated.

"As a result, a few months ago, I engaged a legal team to commence the appropriate actions to protect my reputation and refute these irresponsible and false accusations that can cause great prejudice and damage," the actor said in his statement.

'I need to contest claims that are both false and offensive'

Toward the end of his statement, Huerta shared that he will contest the accusations. "Although I am by no means perfect, I know that these allegations are simply untrue. And while I will always work to improve myself, I need to contest claims that are both false and offensive," he said.

Expressing his gratitude to his supporters, the Mexican actor wrote, "I am deeply grateful to my family and the people who have supported me and greatly appreciate everyone who is willing to look at the facts and reflect before rushing to an untrue and unjust conclusion."

Huerta gained worldwide popularity after his classic 'Marvel' character Namor in 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' was released in 2022 and the Marvel Cinematic Universe suggested that the character has the potential for more, according to The Hollywood Reporter.