Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Reneé Rapp leaving The Sex Lives Of College Girls amid Season 3

2023-07-12 07:16

It appears Reneé Rapp is ready to graduate from The Sex Lives Of College Girls.

The actress—who portrayed Essex College student Leighton on the first two seasons of the Max series—is officially moving on from her character, co-creator Mindy Kaling confirmed July 10.

"We love @reneerapp so much and of course will be so sad to say goodbye to Leighton Murray!" Kaling wrote on her Instagram Stories before referencing Rapp's thriving music career. "We can't wait to see our friend on tour!!"

Rapp later confirmed her departure in a statement, writing on her social media pages, "College Girls moved me out to LA and introduced me to some of my favorite people. 2 and a half years later—it's given me y'all and this community."

Thanking Kaling and series co-creator Justin Noble for "believing in me," the 23-year-old continued, "A lot of queer work gets belittled—but playing Leighton has changed my life. I love who I am 10x more than I did before knowing her. I hope she gave y'all a little bit of that too. She's such a tiny part of representation but even the tiny parts count. I wouldn't be half the person I am without her and y'all."

She added, "I love that bitch more than you know. I'm so excited for this season and I can't for you to see what we have coming for her and the girls."

Rapp will exit the series—which also stars Pauline Chalamet, Amrit Kaur and Alyah Chanelle Scott—as a regular in season three and will instead appear in a handful of episodes in a recurring capacity.