Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan and Duncan Trussell call for strict penalties against YouTuber 'dropping planes out of the sky': 'The guy’s a mass murderer'

2023-07-21 15:16
In 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast, Joe Rogan and Duncan Trussell insist on harshest penalty for YouTuber who deliberately crashed plane for views
Joe Rogan and Duncan Trussell call for strict penalties against YouTuber 'dropping planes out of the sky': 'The guy’s a mass murderer'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan recently invited an actor Duncan Trussel on his podcast, 'The Joe Rogan Experience.' On JRE's episode #2009, the two discussed setting an example for Trevor Jacobs, the YouTuber who crashed a plane for views.

The two men began their debate by discussing how far people will go to gain public notice. Jacobs is an excellent example in this category. Jacobs is a YouTuber who leaped out of a plane before it crashed and uploaded the video to his channel. He performed the act in late 2021, claiming it was an accident.

'The guy’s a mass murderer'

Trussell remarked of Jacob's behavior, "It's such a complex way to get YouTube views." Hearing this, Rogan answered that Jacob would be imprisoned for endangering his and others' lives. "It worked, but now he's gonna go to jail," he remarked. Trussell concurred, adding that it would be for a long period. However, Rogan's staff warned him that Jacobs faces a 20-year prison sentence. Rogan replied in a shock, “Holy s**t! 20 years for a stupid YouTube stuff.”

Trussell sided with Jacobs' situation, saying, “I mean we do need strict penalties for sure for to keep people from just like dropping planes out of the sky on us.” Rogan then suggested that Jacobs should be used as an example and nothing like this should ever be attempted again. He said, “Yeah, yeah, you got to set an example for a guy like that.”

On the same subject, Rogan and Trussell discussed how Jacobs could have become a killer. They described how much planning must have gone into something like this. The plane may have gone down anywhere. Rogan said, “I mean who knows where that plane was what happens if that plane catches wind? That’s so wild. [What if it] flies into someone’s house? And then the guy’s a mass murderer.”

'I Crashed My Airplane'

Jacob crashed his 1940 Taylorcraft BL-65 before federal inspectors could examine the wreckage to determine the cause. Jacob looked scared in the video 'I Crashed My Airplane,' as his plane's engine appears to fail when he is flying above a mountain range. He then used a parachute to leap out of the plane and continued shooting as he traveled to the accident site and drank by a creek.

A government probe regarding YouTuber Jacob's role in a plane disaster in November 2021 resulted in his plea to obstructing a federal investigation. Jacob stated in his YouTube video that he purposely crashed the jet, destroyed the wreckage, and lied to federal officials. In April 2022, the FAA revoked his pilot license. Jacob's plea agreement was filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, and he is scheduled to appear in court soon. Jacob could face a 20-year federal prison sentence if convicted.

Tags news epcelebs