Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Marlon Wayans claims he was 'harassed' by United Airlines gate agent, prevented from boarding flight over baggage issue

2023-06-11 21:19
'Fly where you’re respected, protected and loved,' said Marlon Wayans, who eventually flew American Airlines to his destination
Marlon Wayans claims he was 'harassed' by United Airlines gate agent, prevented from boarding flight over baggage issue

DENVER, COLORADO: Actor and comedian Marlon Wayans reportedly had an argument with an airline agent and described the situation as "harassment." The 50-year-old actor claimed that a United Airlines gate attendant ridiculed and harassed him because of a problem with his carry-on luggage and shared his version of the incident on social media.

Wayans, 50, claimed he was getting ready to board a flight out of Denver International Airport on Friday, June 9, when a United gate employee ordered him to "consolidate" his luggage. He claimed, however, that after doing so, the agent informed him that his luggage was too large and had to be checked.

Marlon Wayans' claims

The 50-year-old 'Don't Be a Menace' actor claimed that even though he felt the agent was "clearly picking" on him, he nevertheless boarded the flight with his baggage. Additionally, he said that the gate agent finally kept him from boarding the flight, although he did not specify whether the gate official physically removed him from the aircraft. He alleged on Instagram that there was video evidence to support the claim that he "never touched" the employee and claimed that the man "tried to lie and say I assaulted him."

'This was harassment'

The 'Air' actor then claimed that another passenger, who was white, had three carry-on bags allowed to board despite United's regulation, which generally only permits one carry-on and one personal item. "This was harassment and I will make enough noise to be sure all my friends and family and peoples stop flying @united," noted Wayans. "Black people all kinds of racism and classism. I won’t allow this."

'Fly where you’re respected, protected, and loved'

Wayans said that he believed he deserved an apology, as did his Kansas City fans who purchased tickets for his scheduled shows because they thought he wouldn't be able to show up after missing his flight. Additionally, he said he might later file a lawsuit. Meanwhile, a United spokesperson released a statement to Nexstar in which they claimed that a male customer in Denver "pushed past a United employee at the jetbridge and attempted to board the aircraft" after being instructed to gate-check his bag. "The customer won’t be flying on United to his destination," the statement ended. Wayans claimed he eventually took an American Airlines flight to his destination. "Fly where you’re respected, protected and loved," the actor wrote on his Instagram post. "@americanair concierge key!!! No more @united for me."

'They better not play with you'

Wayans received support from his many followers and friends in the entertainment field. Snoop Dogg commented in one of his posts, "Fly private nefew u a boss 👍🏿" Actor and standup comedian Tony Baker said, "Only fly @delta." "Wow Marlon sorry you missed your shows. I know how important being with your fans is to you," noted actor and broadcaster Sherri Shepherd. "It’s always someone with an inflated sense of power due to some insecurity- I have been flying @delta since 2009 - never had a problem❤️" A fan claimed, "They better not play with you Marlon , let them know you a legend in these streets 💯"

'Make the noise'

Many slammed United and the agent with one writing, "@united ANSWERS NOW! This is not okay?!" Another wrote, "Never ever ever fly United. I stopped years ago. You want to get hated on, and your time in-valued fly United." "Wait, I just booked @united for my Caribanna flight to Toronto from lax unc… Do I need to cancel?" wondered one user. Another noted, "More and more I’m seeing VERY aggressive, unprofessional airline employees across the board. And they are itching to flex their “ power” really gross . Sorry this happened to you … make the NOISE."

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online

Tags news