Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jack Steadman 'embarrassed' recording with Chaka Khan

2023-10-13 19:29
Bombay Bicycle Club singer Jack Steadman felt 'embarrassed' recording with music legend Chaka Khan at a studio in Los Angeles because he decided against using the fancy equipment and just laid down her vocals on his laptop
Jack Steadman 'embarrassed' recording with Chaka Khan

Bombay Bicycle Club singer Jack Steadman felt "embarrassed" recording with Chaka Khan in a fancy studio.

The band teamed up with the music legend to provide vocals on their track 'Tekken 2 ' and Jack flew to Los Angeles for a session at an upmarket studio near her home, and Jack admits he was left red-faced when it became obvious he wasn't going to use any of the high-tech sound equipment.

Speaking to the Guardian newspaper, he explained: "I have this funny memory of walking in and the mixing desk was the size of an entire house. I’d just brought my laptop and plugged Chaka into that, but I thought it was so embarrassing that I wasn’t using all this stuff."

However, Chaka wasn't fazed at all. She added: "But I thought that was really cool."

Jack went on to admit he felt intimidated at first, but soon relaxed after the singer's family showed up. He said: "[I felt daunted ] until I stepped into the room. Chaka’s family all showed up and the whole vibe was so communal and supportive. And Chaka herself was really down to earth. I immediately felt relaxed."

Chaka added of the collaboration: "I really liked the song and the message was right up my alley, in line with my philosophy."

The single features on Bombay Bicycle Club's new album, 'My Big Day', which is released on October 20. The upcoming record also features the likes of Damon Albarn, Jay Som, Nilufer Yanya, and Holly Humberstone. Meanwhile, Bombay Bicycle Club have announced plans for a new headline tour across the UK and Ireland for January and February. The tour will begin in Belfast on January 29 and will end in Cardiff on February 18. Pre-sale tickets for the tour go on sale from October 25, and on general sale from October 27. The band have also announced plans to perform a summer show at Alexandra Palace Park in London on July 12. UK and Ireland tour dates: Belfast - January 29 Dublin - January 30 Birmingham - February 2 Brighton - February 3 Bristol - February 5 Nottingham - February 6 Sheffield - February 8 Norwich - February 9 Cambridge - February 10 Glasgow - February 12 Newcastle - February 15 Manchester - February 16 Cardiff - February 18 London - July 12