Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'GMA's Robin Roberts expresses her love for London while touring city with Lara Spencer, shares childhood dream of 'making it to Wimbledon'

2023-07-13 13:48
'GMA' hosts Robin Roberts and Lara Spencer are currently in London covering the ongoing Wimbledon tennis tournament
'GMA's Robin Roberts expresses her love for London while touring city with Lara Spencer, shares childhood dream of 'making it to Wimbledon'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Good Morning America' stars Robin Roberts and Lara Spencer are on duty in London. The duo has been tasked to cover the annual Wimbledon tennis tournament and deliver interesting bits for their audiences to chew on. So far, the duo has kept up the momentum with their brief interviews and social media posts, giving 'GMA' fans insights into the event but only lately, they decided to take a tour of the thriving city of London on a double-decker bus, allowing their viewers a free pass to view it live.

Roberts and Spencer, along with Sky News commentator Alastair Bruce hopped on the city's iconic vehicle and decided to take in the sights with Bruce enlightening them about the monumental places in the city. Roberts couldn't help but contain her excitement and revealed that she "always dreamed of making it to Wimbledon." The 'GMA' duo ended their tour by visiting the London Eye and getting a view of Buckingham Palace from its top.

'I dreamed of one day making it to Wimbledon and I did'

Roberts and Spencer were offered a cup of traditional English tea accompanied by sandwiches and cakes as soon as they boarded the bus. During the tour, Bruce, who was playing the role of the guide, asked Robers, "What do you love about London?" It appeared that the 'GMA' co-host was waiting for the question to come her way as she opened up about her childhood memories of coming to the city. "I love the childhood memories that I have. My father was stationed in Turkey, and instead of going back to the United States for a holiday, we used to come to London. I still have pictures of my siblings and I at Hyde Park," said Roberts recalling childhood memories.

Roberts later revealed, "As a young tennis player, I dreamed of one day making it to Wimbledon, and I did, not with a tennis racket but with a microphone." Spencer smiled after hearing her co-host's childhood dream, proceeding to open up about her own love for the English city and the culture it imbibed, saying, "I love English history, going all the way back." Bruce later took them to the London Eye, providing a perfect conclusion to the tour.

Robin Roberts shares throwback to Wimbledon

Roberts cannot hold herself back from feeling nostalgic when in London as he recently shared throwback photos of her covering Wimbledon in the 90s. In the snaps, she can be seen in chic blazers, which were all the rage during that time. The 'GMA' host went on to post an old video of her with Jessica Pegula, an American Tennis player currently competing in Wimbledon. In the video, Roberts is seen playing Tennis with a teenage Pegula while speaking about the protegee's robust talent. After Pegula made the quarterfinal stage of the ongoing 2023 Wimbledon tournament, Roberts captioned the Instagram post, "Proud of # jessicapegula's journey at #Wimbeldon. It's no surprise to me that she made it to the quarterfinals this year because a mere 20 yrs ago she schooled yours truly on the court."

Tags news