Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

10 celebrities who planned their own funerals

2023-10-21 18:55
Hollywood stars have often expressed their well-thought-out plans for their own funerals
10 celebrities who planned their own funerals

Some celebs have the foresight to plan their own funerals

Death is an inevitable part of life, and while most people prefer to avoid discussing their own mortality, some celebrities have chosen to embrace it by planning their own funerals. Let's take a closer look at some of the stars who planned their own funerals, shedding light on the unique ways they chose to say goodbye.

David Bowie

Even after his death, David Bowie, who was renowned for his avant-garde flair, kept making waves. Bowie, who died in 2016 due to liver cancer, planned a dramatic and unforgettable funeral before his death in 2016 from liver cancer. Instead of having a typical burial, he chose to be cremated and asked to have his ashes scattered around the island of Bali.

Justin Bieber

Singer Justin Bieber, 29, has already taken steps to plan his own funeral. In an unconventional move, the 'Baby' singer expressed his desire for a solar-powered video screen and a dynamic 3D hologram instead of the traditional tombstone. Bieber's life took an unexpected turn when he was diagnosed with Ramsay Hunt syndrome, a rare neurological disorder, in June 2022. However, the singer has not only envisioned this unique final tribute but also prepared his estate for it.

Jackie Collins

Jackie Collins, 89, had a different wish for her death. Instead of a traditional funeral, the best-selling author, who battled cancer for six years, wanted her loved ones to commemorate her life. A grand celebration was organized after her cremation.

Prince

Prince's wish for privacy extended even to his funeral arrangements. Following his death on April 21, 2016, at the age of 57 due to an accidental fentanyl overdose, the legendary musician's family opted for a discreet service. The intimate gathering included his closest friends and family members and he reportedly bid goodbye to his song 'Purple Rain.'

Ed Sheeran

Ed Sheeran's burial site is in his own backyard. The 'Perfect' singer clarified that he doesn't consider it a "crypt" rather, he's constructed a chapel where he envisions being laid to rest in the future.

The Kardashians

In Season 7, Episode 14 of 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians,' Kris Jenner, the family's manager and mother, made a surprising revelation. She disclosed that she had purchased a burial plot at Hollywood Forever and enlisted her daughters' help in finalizing her end-of-life plans. Kris also initiated the search for her caskets and acquired additional plots for her family members.

Rene Angelil

Celine Dion bid farewell to her husband, Rene Angelil, when he died on January 14, 2016, just two days short of his 74th birthday, following a battle with throat cancer. A private graveside ceremony took place at Montreal's Notre-Dame-des-Neiges cemetery. 'To Love You More' singer revealed that her spouse, with whom she spent over two decades, expressed a desire for his funeral to be held at the Notre Dame Basilica, the very place where he had proposed to her.

Kim Cattrall

The 'Sex and the City' star, despite living in the United States and Canada, expressed her wish to be laid to rest in Liverpool. In 2016, she revealed her intention to be interred in her family's grave at the Holy Trinity Churchyard and had a headstone prepared with her name on it. "There is a headstone waiting with my name, my birthdate and then a dash and space for the date of my death," Kim Cattrall told The Mirror.

Joanna Lumley

Joanna Lumley, 77, took the initiative to arrange her own funeral and select her preferred coffin. During a 2014 interview with Saga, the actress said, "I'm going to have put in all kinds of things for the journey. I think we could jam a bit more in our coffins than we do."

Sarah Harding

Upon learning that her cancer was terminal, Sarah Harding initiated the process of organizing her own funeral. The late 'Girls Aloud' member, shared her funeral plans in her autobiography, 'Hear Me Out' penning, "It's strange, I keep thinking about funerals at the moment. It might sound morbid, but it's hard not to at this stage - cemeteries, plots, burials, what kind of send-off I'd like and how it would all go. It's all there in the forefront of my mind." She also expressed her desire to have FFS inscribed on her grave, which stands for For F**ks sake!

Tags news