Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What brings Shaquille O’Neal and his son Myles together? NBA legend talks about his 'celeb DJ' career

2023-08-30 03:18
'I've seen him perform many times and he's really good. I'm actually jealous, he's really good,' Shaquille O’Neal said about his son Myles
What brings Shaquille O’Neal and his son Myles together? NBA legend talks about his 'celeb DJ' career

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Shaquille O’Neal revealed the one thing over which he has always bonded with his son Myles.

The four-time NBA champion said, "I remember when I just bought him his first DJ set. He'd be in a room, and I try to let my kids do everything on their own. So he'd come in, and I'd say, 'Figure it out,' and he'd come back with it figured out."

The star added that their bond is still strong. "We always trade songs. We've been practicing together," he said. The 51-year-old said that his 26-year-old son is an excellent DJ.

"I've seen him perform many times and he's really good. I'm actually jealous, he's really good," explains Shaquille who is ready with his foundation's third annual fundraising gala, The Event.

What is one advantage Myles has over his father Shaquille O’Neal ?

The ex-NBA star joked, “[Myles] had something I’ve never had. He has that DJ hair. I don't have the DJ hair."

He quickly added, "I'm super proud of him because he did it the same way I did it."

Talking about the early days of his DJ career, the legend said, "They'd put me in the celebrity DJ pool and I had to do a lot of the celebrity stuff."

He was given his ‘first shot’ by Lollapalooza at a real set. "And everybody knew that I knew what I was doing," Shaquille said, adding, "I was like, "I'm not a celebrity DJ, I'm a real DJ."

He will perform at Lollapalooza in Chicago where The Event's 2023 gala will take place on October 7. Meanwhile, Myles played a set at the HARD Festival in Las Vegas.

Some of the big personalities attending the event will include music superstars John Legend and Jennifer Hudson.

It will be hosted by actor Joel McHale along with Grammy-winning country duo Dan + Shay and Anderson Paak (DJ Pee Wee).

The star said he’s excited to see Jennifer. "I love Jennifer Hudson, oh my god," he said to People.

"She's perfect. Voice, attitude, style. I watch her shows and she's perfect. So Jennifer Hudson, if you're out there, Shaq loves you," he added.

Will there be a Las Vegas team in the NBA?

On being asked about the probability of an NBA team from the Las Vegas city, Shaquille said, "I would love that to happen, and I would love to be the owner of that team or part of the ownership group."

He continued, "For one, you already have a loyal fan base. And imagine with Steph Curry coming into play. Not only do you have the local fan base, you have all the big-time gamblers that come who want tickets and all the businesses and people that are going to the Usher and the Bruno Mars show. So that'd definitely be a great place."

Tags news