Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Jeopardy!' fans disappointed as contestants fail to answer easy clue about MCU's 'Black Panther'

2023-07-26 14:52
It often happens that the contestants stumble altogether on clues that are quite easy and that was the case on Tuesday, July 25 episode
'Jeopardy!' fans disappointed as contestants fail to answer easy clue about MCU's 'Black Panther'

CULVER CITY, CALIFORNIA: A unique quality that has made 'Jeopardy!' one of the most popular game shows to have come to TV is because of its availability to the common public. It enables the show to have a diverse set of contestants behind the podium.

It often happens that the contestants stumble altogether on clues that are quite easy and that was the case on Tuesday, July 25 episode. Fans were quite disappointed to find that all three contestants for the day had missed out on correctly answering a clue about the widely loved Marvel Cinematic Universe film 'Black Panther'.

A surprising 'Jeopardy!' Triple Stumper

The game show had returning champ Taylor Clagett, Julie Sisson, and Andrew Knowles behind the podiums for the day. Knowles landed on the $1,200 worth clue in the 'Writer-Director' category which said, "He and Joe Robert Cole wrote the scripts for 'Black Panther' and its sequel and he directed both films too." The answer was Ryan Coogler whose picture was also displayed along with the clue.

The clue was by all means quite easy, especially with the hint provided by the photo. But that did not seem to be the case with the contestants as none of them buzzed in to try and guess the answer.

'Jeopardy shows how little America knows about 'urban' subjects'

Needless to say, many fans were surprised that none of the contestants were able to even guess the director behind the MCU films, especially since the three of them seemed to be doing well in the game besides this particular instance. A fan made a comment on Twitter saying, "Jeopardy be showing how little America knows about “urban” subjects." Another one said, "It would be funny how often Jeopardy contestants miss the questions relating to African American history and trivia facts...if it wasn't so pathetic." Another viewer agreed as they tweeted in disbelief, "These white folks not knowing who Ryan Coogler is on Jeopardy..."

The same incident was also discussed on Reddit, where people seemed to hold similar opinions. One user said, "I was surprised that was a TS; the name of the notably-young director of Black Panther got so many media mentions that I knew that one even apart from any trivia studying I've done." One tried to come in defense of the contestants saying, "Honestly, I think some Jeopardy contestants tend to be reluctant to guess on clues like that precisely because they don't want to risk going viral for confusing one famous Black person for another."