Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Robbie Robertson die? Legendary musician remembered as 'a confidante, a collaborator, and an advisor' was 80

2023-08-10 07:25
'Robbie Robertson was surrounded by his family at the time of his death,' shared his manager Jared Levine
How did Robbie Robertson die? Legendary musician remembered as 'a confidante, a collaborator, and an advisor' was 80

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Robbie Robertson, The Band’s guitarist and lead songwriter, has died at age 80. He went on to create some of the most popular hits of all time including, ‘The Weight,’ ‘The Night They Drove Ol’ Dixie Down,’ and ‘Up On Cripple Creek.’

The talented artist began his musical journey with high school bands in his early teens. Interestingly, one of his bandmates in the combo the Suedes joined Ronnie Hawkins’ popular American combo the Hawks as a keyboardist. The 15-year-old Robertson was soon drafted as a replacement bassist. Later he went on to fill in for guitarist Fred Carter, Jr, in the lineup, which also had names like drummer and musical director Helm.

How did Robbie Robertson die?

Robbie Robertson’s death was confirmed by his longtime manager Jared Levine. “Robbie was surrounded by his family at the time of his death, including his wife, Janet, his ex-wife, Dominique, her partner Nicholas, and his children Alexandra, Sebastian, Delphine, and Delphine’s partner Kenny,” he said in a statement.

“In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that donations be made to the Six Nations of the Grand River to support the building of their new cultural center."

He died in Los Angeles "after a long illness," as per a press release.

The statement further read, “Robbie is also survived by his grandchildren Angelica, Donovan, Dominic, Gabriel, and Seraphina. Robertson recently completed his fourteenth film music project with frequent collaborator Martin Scorsese, ‘Killers of the Flower Moon.'

'It goes without saying that he was a giant'

Iconic filmmaker of ‘The Irishman, and ‘Taxi Driver,’ Martin Scorses’ paid tribute to his pal, post his death on Wednesday, August 9, reports The Guardian.

“Robbie Robertson was one of my closest friends, a constant in my life and my work,” he said. “I could always go to him as a confidante. A collaborator. An advisor. I tried to be the same for him. Long before we ever met, his music played a central role in my life — me and millions and millions of other people all over this world."

He continued, "The Band’s music, and Robbie’s own later solo music, seemed to come from the deepest place at the heart of this continent, its traditions and tragedies and joys. It goes without saying that he was a giant, that his effect on the art form was profound and lasting. There’s never enough time with anyone you love. And I loved Robbie.”