Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Skai Jackson defends herself as she faces backlash for charging fans to enter Apple MacBook giveaway: 'I don't need money'

2023-07-10 19:46
'I’m just letting you guys know I do not personally need money. Like I am very fine in my life, said Jackson
Skai Jackson defends herself as she faces backlash for charging fans to enter Apple MacBook giveaway: 'I don't need money'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Former Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson has found herself at the center of online ridicule after requesting fans to pay a $5 fee to enter a raffle for a chance to win an Apple MacBook computer. The 21-year-old star took to TikTok Live to explain the giveaway and defend her actions.

Addressing the criticism, Jackson emphasized, "It is not that serious, for a damn $5. It is called a raffle. I don't know if you guys have been to school before, but I know I've been to school and we used to have raffles all the time." She further explained that the money collected would go toward the prize, and any surplus would be used for a second giveaway in the future.

'The money goes toward the prize!'

Jackson rose to fame in 2011 when she was cast in the Disney Channel show 'Jessie.' Having gained recognition through her role in Disney's spinoff series 'Bunk'd' for three seasons, Jackson has since been involved in voice-acting projects and starred in the film 'Sheroes' in 2023. She also appeared on 'Dancing with the Stars.'

“The money goes toward the prize, and like I said, if there’s anything left over I’m doing a second giveaway soon. So that’s what it’s going toward.” In response to concerns raised by fans, she assured her followers that she personally did not need the money and was financially stable in her life.

'Me personally, I do not need money!'

“I do not need money. Me personally, I do not need money. And I’m not saying this like, in a bragging way or anything like that, or in a mean way. I’m just letting you guys know I do not personally need money. Like I am very fine in my life,” she assured her followers. When some questioned why the actress did not simply purchase the computer herself instead of asking for monetary contributions. Jackson responded to the criticism, clarifying that she was not seeking or in need of monetary compensation.

Tags news epcelebs