Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Molly McNearney? Jimmy Kimmel's wife reveals how he insulted her at their first meeting

2023-05-20 17:58
Molly McNearney and Jimmy Kimmel started dating in 2010 and tied the knot in 2013, but they worked together for 6 years
Who is Molly McNearney? Jimmy Kimmel's wife reveals how he insulted her at their first meeting

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jimmy Kimmel recently made news after being fake fired from his late-night talk show, ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ However, it was later revealed that Kimmel’s firing was part of a joke written on the script for his opening monologue, where the host talked about Tucker Carlson’s exit from Fox News and Don Lemon’s firing from CNN. Kimmel’s wife, Molly McNearney, is also part of the writing team that pens the script for the former’s talk show.

The 45-year-old serves as the co-head writer and executive producer of ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’, the show where they met and fell in love after working together for six years. Back in March 2023, Kimmel posted a funny photo of his wife on the occasion of the latter’s birthday and wrote, “On this birthday, raise many many glasses to a woman who endures the unimaginable, married to me.”

READ MORE

Has Jimmy Kimmel been fired from his ABC show? Truth behind the rumor that shocked the world

'He still needs one more open-heart surgery': Jimmy Kimmel shares update on 5-year-old son Billy

Who is Molly McNearney?

McNearney is a screenwriter and producer, best known for her work in 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!,' 'Muder Mystery' (2019) and ‘Dumplin' (2018). She has been married to Kimmel since 2013 and shares two children with the talk show host. McNearney was born on March 5, 1978, in Missouri and is currently 45 years old. In addition to being the executive producer and co-head writer at ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’, McNearney has also worked on the Oscars and Primetime Emmy Awards.

She reportedly served as the executive producer of the 95th Academy Awards, which was hosted by Kimmel, as per People. McNearney has also made several appearances on her husband’s late-night talk show, especially on the segment where she gives away Kimmel’s possessions on TV. “You know marriage isn't easy,” Kimmel said when he first introduced the fun segment on his show. “One of the biggest ongoing conflicts I have with my wife is about stuff. She doesn't like mine. She likes hers, but she wants me to get rid of all my stuff. So much so that we've now turned that into a recurring nightmare on the show,” he added.

McNearney is also known for joining hands with Kimmel to take part in charitable endeavors. In 2020, the couple revealed that they would match donations of up to $25,000 to Los Angeles-based charity St Joseph's Center.

When did Molly McNearney and Jimmy Kimmel start dating?

McNearney and Kimmel reportedly developed a good rapport when the former began writing for his show and was the only female writer in the team at the time. The duo remained friends while dating other people before embarking on their romantic journey when they were both eventually single.

“When I first met him, he insulted me,” McNearney said during an interview with Glamour. "The executive producer brought me into his office and said, ‘This is Molly; she's my new assistant’. Jimmy barely looked up from his desk until my EP said, ‘She competes in triathlons’, and then Jimmy looked up at me and said, ‘That is really stupid! What a waste of time',” she revealed.

Kimmel ultimately won over McNearney nearly six years after they worked together by cooking her a meal. “All the writers would socialize after the show, and we would just hang out more and more. We really liked each other as friends, and then it just kind of turned. He cooked for me, and that was it. It sealed the deal,” McNearney shared. The duo began dating in 2010.

They got engaged in South Africa after three years of dating and tied the knot on July 13, 2013, in Ojai, California. The couple went on to welcome two children together — daughter Jane and son William "Billy" John.