Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jessica Chastain shares scathing tweet about Sophie Turner's ex Joe Jonas, fans applaud 'women supporting women'

2023-09-23 17:28
Jessica Chastain and Sophie Turner co-starred in the 2019 movie 'Dark Phoenix' and have been friends ever since
Jessica Chastain shares scathing tweet about Sophie Turner's ex Joe Jonas, fans applaud 'women supporting women'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jessica Chastain is offering her support to Sophie Turner, 27, during her challenging divorce from Joe Jonas, 34.

On Friday, September 22, the Oscar winning actress reposted a tweet from feminist author Roxane Gay that read, "The way Joe Jonas miscalculated his popularity with his transparent attempts at PR manipulation, particularly when the North remembers is FASCINATING," referencing Turner's role as Sansa Stark on 'Game of Thrones.'

"And holding the children's passports to keep them from their mother? Bruh," Gay’s post continued, as she added in a second tweet, "And the thing is, these are not people I know or follow. I just read the 'news.' He has handled this SO badly that now I’m paying attention."

Chastain reposted the tweet, referring to Gay as "The Oracle"

Jessica Chastain and Sophie Turner co-starred in the 'Dark Phoenix'

Chastain and Turner initially co-starred in the 2019 X-Men movie 'Dark Phoenix' and have been friends ever since.

Chastain was also present at Turner and Jonas' second wedding ceremony in France in June 2019.

Now, fans are delighted to witness this display of "women supporting women." A fan wrote on X, "She’s a girl’s girl and that’s why we love her!!!!"

"See you at next nyc girls girl dinner with t swift," a third chimed in. "Oh Mother has spoken, its really Joever," wrote another.

Someone else commented, "JESSICAS GETTING INVOLVED HES DOOOONE."

"Queens supporting Queens," stated another.

One fan wrote, "Jessica Chastain's support for Sophie Turner during this tough time is what I see as girls having each other's back."

Another agreed, saying, "It's heartwarming to see friends supporting each other when they need it most."

Someone else humorously added, "All these beautiful women are gonna gang up on Joe Jonas and beat him up. That’s awkward. At least it’ll be a good show. I’ll be watching."

Taylor Swift supports Sophie Turner amid divorce from Joe Jonas

Turner has also found support from Taylor Swift, who dated Jonas back in 2008. The two were spotted leaving a New York City restaurant arm-in-arm on Tuesday night, September 19.

Turner and Swift, along with the Haim sisters and some other friends, had dinner together again on Thursday, September 21.

Emily Ratajkowski shows support for Sophie Turner amid messy divorce

Emily Ratajkowski subtly showed her support for Turner in a video she posted on TikTok.

She said in the video, "So, it seems that a lot of young ladies are getting divorced before they turn 30," not naming Turner directly.

"As someone who got married at 26 [who] has been separated for a little over a year [at] 32, I have to tell you, I don’t think there’s anything better."

She continued, saying, "There is nothing better than being in your 30s, still being hot, maybe having a little bit of your own money, figuring out what you want to do with your life [and] everything, and having tried that married fantasy and realizing that it’s maybe not all it’s cracked up to be."

"And then you’ve got your whole life still ahead of you," she added.