Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Jeopardy! Masters': Andrew He and James Holzhauer win Tuesday's episode to become frontrunners

2023-05-17 12:26
'Jeopardy!' Masters' second of three can't-miss weeks started out on Monday, May 15
'Jeopardy! Masters': Andrew He and James Holzhauer win Tuesday's episode to become frontrunners

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: This week's episode of 'Jeopardy!' might have surely caused anxiety in many, while we were already rooting for James Holzhauer and Andrew He, the duo won their respective 'Jeopardy!' Masters games on Tuesday's double-header episode, making the duo clear contenders for the special. While some rooted for Sam Buttrey to win, he didn't surpass fans' expectations and didn't catch the win. 'Jeopardy!' Masters' second of three can't-miss weeks started out on Monday, May 15.

On Tuesday's episode, Andrew He was facing off with Mattea Roach and Sam Buttrey, but He was in the last place as he didn't win anything previously. Ken Jennings talked about Sam Buttrey and said, "Sam in particular, needs a match point to stay alive tonight." Now, with Wednesday's episode, the semi-final might shake things up and competition will bring down the count of six players to four.

READ MORE:

'Jeopardy! Masters': Ben Chan becomes five-game champion as he crushes NBC show after return from illness

'Things are not going my way': Amy Schneider suffers 4th straight loss on 'Jeopardy!' Masters as she inches closer to elimination

Sam's boasting didn't end well

Sam Buttrey who boasts about being a huge personality might have stumbled upon the road of over-confidence and got 0 match points. So, if he gets three in the Wednesday episode, then he might level for 5th position at best with fifth and sixth place being eliminated. While Sam had a trail of good luck but turned bad last second, a UNO reverse happened for Andrew He. The champion quite impressively won despite giving away all of his $8000 points on a Daily Double and missing it, he then went to the lowest of the lows and dropped to $0, then missing the last Daily Double as well. The last and final 'Jeopardy!' saw Andrew at 13,000, Mattea at 8,400, and Sam at 5600 respectively.

With fans' expectations beaming for Sam, he crossed out the correct answer, while Mattea and Andrew got the answer right. It was quite painful for us to watch Sam lose, but seeing Andrew win brought back the energy in the game, and seeing him win after two Daily Double misses was the highlight of the episode. Coming to conclusion, it is game over for Sam, and Wednesday's episode will be his last Master's game.

Fans came in support of Sam after a brutal loss

One fan wrote on the internet sending hugs to Sam, "@sam_buttrey I just wanna hug you. I’m sorry." While another fan chimed in with, "Getting caught up on #JeopardyMasters and I just want to give @sam_buttrey a hug. He’s my favorite Jeopardy champ ever." Another fan wrote teary-eyed, "@Jeopardy, please keep @sam_buttrey around in some capacity forever." One user raised a petition and wrote, "We want more Sam Buttrey. Sad to see you go."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.