Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Keisha Morris? Tupac Shakur’s ex-wife stood by his side when the rapper was in prison

2023-07-26 02:46
Keisha Morris and Tupac Shakur's love affair began in a New York club and they tied the knot on April 29, 1995
Who is Keisha Morris? Tupac Shakur’s ex-wife stood by his side when the rapper was in prison

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Late American rapper and actor Tupac Amaru Shakur is widely considered one of the most influential and successful artists of all time. Despite earning worldwide recognition at such a young age, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee's life was riddled with various turmoils, including sexual assault cases and prison sentences before he was fatally shot on September 7, 1996, in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas Valley. Tupac was only 25 years old at the time of his death.

It requires no special mention that Tupac, who was also known by his stage names 2Pac and Makaveli, was loved and admired by millions of his fans. But there was only one woman that eventually won the heart of the top-selling hip-hop artist prior to his untimely death. What should have been a matter of pride and happiness for Keisha Morris, turned out to be probably the darkest chapter in her life as she lost the iconic artist in just more than a year after their marriage.

Who is Keisha Morris?

Keisha Morris is an American actress and educator who is famously known for her role as Lisa's friend in the movie 'The Bag Man'. Morris, a pre-law student at that time, got married to Tupac on April 29, 1995, before getting divorced ten months later on March 1996. Although their marriage was short-lived, it is worth mentioning that it was Morris' empathetic heart that won Tupac. She always stood by his side through the ups and downs of his troubled life and provided him with unconditional love and constant support.

How did Morris and Tupac meet?

The couple's love affair began in a New York club, where she approached the 'All Eyez on Me' singer on the dance floor. At that time Tupac was always surrounded by hundreds of women who fancied him due to his high-profile celebrity status. But that did not come as a major hurdle for the couple to start their love journey as they immediately felt an instant connection that allowed Morris to make a place for herself in Tupac's heart.

During the rapper's legal troubles, she stuck around and made her home a temple, where Tupac could leave his frustrations without the fear of getting judged. They willingly chose to be affectionate and care for one another and even stayed in contact with each other until Tupac died in 1996.

Morris came across Tupac when he faced some serious sex abuse charges in the 1990s. According to Amomama, she was well aware of his situation and on the night they met, she approached him again and said, "You have supporters out here, you know. I know you're going through a difficult time, and I wish everything well." They came across each other again a month later in another nightclub. Tupac remembered the conversation and he told Morris that he was looking for her ever since their first interaction took place. He invited her to his hotel room but she refused, although the duo went on a few dates later.

Soon, the lovebirds exchanged their numbers and contacted each other frequently. Morris appreciated that he would take her out without having to ask. He started to surprise her by paying surprise visits and it was just a matter of time before Tupac moved in with her.

Morris' support for Tupac during trial

Morris attended the John Jay College of Criminal Justice while Tupac built his career. He always encouraged her to do well in her studies, even asking her to aim for A grades in school. Morris even worked as a camp counselor. She did not accompany him when his trial began but did her best to make her space a place of retreat for the artist amid the negative press. He was sentenced to four years in prison but only served ten months.

Morris and Tupac got married during that time. Morris was one of many people who supported Shakur while he was in prison, including Jada Pinkett-Smith, Jasmine Guy, and Mickey Rourke. She helped him reach Suge Knight, who financially helped the rapper while in prison. '"Remember, I was the one who basically stopped my life when he was in jail. I moved closer to him. I made sure I was on visits. I made sure he had packages. You can't just send a package to prison. [...] It was like my day revolved around him and what his needs were", Morris shared, revealing that she took extra measures to ensure he was taken care of.