Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Steve Harvey's video 'warning' Keke Palmer resurfaces, but Internet isn't convinced his advice is right

2023-11-11 17:56
Keke Palmer was warned of her dating by Steve Harvey in a video that has resurfaced on the internet
Steve Harvey's video 'warning' Keke Palmer resurfaces, but Internet isn't convinced his advice is right

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A video from when Keke Palmer appeared on 'The Steve Harvey Show' has resurfaced on the internet, in light of the actress accusing her former partner Darius Jackson of domestic violence.

In the January 2019 video, Harvey warns Palmer about her way of dating men who are not on her level. While some claim that Harvey's warning now rings true, most on the internet do not agree.

What did Steve Harvey say to Keke Palmer in the video?

In the old video, Palmer is seen saying, "Uncle Steve is always trying to get me with the billionaires. I'm like Uncle Steve, I don't need billionaires. I just need simple, simple stuff, you know. I don't like to mix my industry business (with my) personal life. I'm just laying low and private, love."

Harvey replies, "Uncle Steve ain't trying to get you with no billionaire. He (is) trying to get you with somebody (who) has a plan to have something. That's what I keep trying to get you (to) do."

When Palmer continues about Harvey's love for billionaires and his attempts at setting her up, he retorts again, "You need somebody with something. Quit trying to give a boy your lifestyle (if) he ain't earned it."

Keke Palmer granted temporary custody of son Leodis

Palmer, 30, had filed a request for a domestic violence restraining order against her baby's father, Jackson, 30. She also asked the court for full physical and legal custody of Leodis, detailing multiple allegations of physical abuse in the filing, reported PEOPLE.

The Los Angeles County judge has granted the actress a temporary restraining order, which states that Jackson must stay at least 100 yards away from both the actress and their son, as well as any childcare or schooling established for the infant.

Internet reacts to resurfaced video

Netizens fail to see the link between Harvey's advice and what Palmer is currently facing, as the following tweets demonstrate.

"Him not having money ain’t the problem, it’s him putting his hands on her," tweeted an X user.

"The issue was his abusive behavior NOT the amount of money in his pocket," wrote another.

"Steve makes no sense. Don’t matter about your pockets on how you will be treated! Come on now. Like billionaires aren’t abusive and manipulative?" asked another user.

"Y’all know men with money and plans are abusive too? People always willing to pull a muscle reaching for ways to blame women. No matter the situation, people will always find a way to the blame the woman for being abused," was another's opinion.

One user wrote, "Nope... Stay single.. Billion or Zero. They all the same. THE UNICORE MAN is a rare find."

Tags news