Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Bruce Willis' daughter Tallulah says 'he is the same' in a heartfelt update amid his dementia diagnosis

2023-11-09 02:55
'I see love when I’m with him, and it’s my dad and he loves me, which is really special,' Bruce Willis' daughter Tallulah Willis said
Bruce Willis' daughter Tallulah says 'he is the same' in a heartfelt update amid his dementia diagnosis

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bruce Willis' daughter Tallulah Willis recently opened up about her father's ongoing battle with frontotemporal dementia (FTD).

During her appearance on 'The Drew Barrymore Show' on Wednesday, November 8, Tallulah who is the youngest child of Willis and his ex-wife Demi Moore talked about the 'Die Hard' actor's condition.

Tallulah Willis says she 'sees love when' she is with her father Bruce Willis

Speaking to host Drew Barrymore, Tallulah said, "He is the same, which I think in this regard I’ve learned is the best thing you can ask for."

"I see love when I’m with him, and it’s my dad and he loves me, which is really special," the 29-year-old said of her 68-year-old father.

Willis' family revealed his dementia diagnosis in a group statement released in February.

"Bruce has always found joy in life — and has helped everyone he knows to do the same. It has meant the world to see that sense of care echoed back to him and to all of us," read the statement.

"We have been so moved by the love you have all shared for our dear husband, father, and friend during this difficult time."

"Your continued compassion, understanding, and respect will enable us to help Bruce live as full a life as possible," the statement concluded.

Tallulah Willis revealed Bruce Willis has a rare form of dementia

Tallulah further revealed to Barrymore that her father "has a very aggressive cognitive disease; [a] form of dementia that’s very rare," according to People.

The 48-year-old host asked Tallulah why her family has decided to be open about Willis' diagnosis to which she responded, "Well, I think it’s twofold. On one hand, it’s who we are as a family, but also, it’s really important for us to spread awareness."

Tallulah is the middle child of the 'Paradise City' actor's five daughters. Her other sisters include Rumer, 35, Scout, 32, and younger sisters Mabel, 11, and Evelyn, nine.

She then explained that they had "no idea" of her father's condition before his diagnosis.

"If we can take something that we’re struggling with as a family to help other people, to turn it around to make something beautiful about it, that’s really special for us," Tallulah continued.

"And part of what’s been a really beautiful way for me to heal through this is becoming like an archeologist to my dad’s world, to his little trinkets and doo-dads," she shared.

Tags news