Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are nobigdyl and Ayra Starr? Explore Barack Obama's handpicked 2023 summer playlist

2023-07-21 16:48
Barack Obama continued his yearly tradition of sharing his summer playlist, once again revealing his impressive knowledge of different musical genres
Who are nobigdyl and Ayra Starr? Explore Barack Obama's handpicked 2023 summer playlist

WASHINGTON, DC: Former President Barack Obama has once again delighted music enthusiasts by sharing his handpicked summer playlist. A tradition he has continued since his days in the White House, Obama's selection this year showcases an array of musical genres, spanning from classical to contemporary and embracing rising talents as well as legendary artists.

“Like I do every year, here are some songs I’ve been listening to this summer — a mix of old and new,” he wrote alongside the list on his Twitter handle. “Look forward to hearing what I’ve missed.”

Barack Obama's summer playlist

The summer playlist boasts an impressive range of tracks, including SZA’s 'Snooze' from her recent album SOS and 'Princess Diana' by Ice Spice and Nikki Minaj.

'Not Strong Enough' by boygenius also featured on his playlist. Not neglecting the country genre, Obama also included Luke Combs' 'Fast Car' in the mix.

The playlist also pays a tribute to established icons with timeless tracks like 2Pac and Dr Dre's forever fan-favorite 'California Love' featuring Roger Troutman, Bob Dylan's 'Everything Is Broken' and Ella Fitzgerald’s 'Cry Me a River'.

However, Obama also shone the spotlight on up-and-coming artists like nobigdyl and Ayra Starr. Additionally, 'Golden Lady' by Stevie Wonder represents the well-known musician on the list. One of the highlights of the playlist is the inclusion of nobigdyl's 'PARABOLIC!' which prompted the artist to express his excitement and gratitude on Instagram. "A song i wrote about my experience as a black christian boy raised in the rural south + recorded in my garage is on President Obama’s summer playlist," nobigdyl wrote on Instagram after learning his song is on the list. He later added that he "just got off the phone with mom" and "the groupchat is goin nuts."

Who are nobigdyl and Ayra Starr?

Dylan Phillips, better known as nobigdyl, is an American rapper and hip-hop artist. He gained recognition for his thought-provoking lyrics and introspective style, often addressing personal experiences, faith, and social issues in his music. He has released several projects and collaborated with other artists in the hip-hop and Christian hip-hop scenes.

Starr, on the other hand, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter known for her work in the Afrobeat and Afropop genres. She gained popularity with her debut single 'Away', which showcased her soulful voice and unique sound. As a rising star in the Nigerian music scene, Starr has captured the attention of music enthusiasts and has been praised for her exceptional vocal talent and captivating performances. Her song 'Sability' featured on the ex-President's playlist.

Tags news epcelebs