Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Help Me': Lil Tay's eerie bio on YouTube leaves fans confused about her death

2023-08-10 15:20
A Twitter user shared a screenshot which showed that Lil Tay's YouTube bio was changed to 'I am not dead, my parents are lying' before being reverted back to 'help me'
'Help Me': Lil Tay's eerie bio on YouTube leaves fans confused about her death

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The mysterious circumstances around young rapper Lil Tay's sudden death further intensified after social media users noticed that the bio on her YouTube channel read "help me".

Although it is not known when the bio was updated, the eerie message left several fans confused. Twitter user @/conscapenews also shared a screenshot which showed that Tay's YouTube bio was changed to "I am not dead, my parents are lying" before being reverted back to "help me".

Meanwhile, a Twitter user named @/TerryGhostBtw claimed, "According to the Wayback Machine, the earliest date that Lil Tay's Youtube channel displayed "Help Me" was March 7th, 2023."

The situation comes after a report by The Sun as well as an official statement issued by Tay's family shockingly revealed that the YouTuber, whose real name is Claire Hope, suddenly died.

However, Tay's father Christopher Hope refused to confirm if his daughter was actually dead despite the official statement from her family. Tay's former manager Henry Tsang also refrained from confirming the death.

Even if Tay's YouTube bio is a cry for help, it could raise suspicions of the message being edited. The update can still leave people confused about the individual operating Tay’s social media after her alleged death.

'Lil Tay’s death aint adding up'

The mysterious bio on Tay's YouTube channel sparked speculation online, with several social media users taking to Twitter to share their concerns and suspicion. "Uhh can someone explain why Lil Tay’s YT says “help me.” ??!!??" one asked.

"Lil Tay’s death aint adding up. Her yt bio was changed to “help me”. even if she did die the parents need to be investigated because her and her brother both dying makes no sense peep this comment someone she follows made (angela is her mom) "#liltay #ripliltay," one wrote.

"Lil Tay's YouTube Channel Description Says "Help Me" & You're Telling Me She Died??????????" one tweeted. "& why did lil tay’s youtube bio have “help me” in it??" asked another.

One pointed out, ""Help me." Lil Tay's concerning YouTube bio is being shared on social media following her death announcement. Also her father has declined sharing information if the rumour is true or false."

While another speculated, "LIL TAY’S YT BIO LITERALLY SAYS “help me.” You cannot tell me that Lil Tay and her brothers death was not foul play. This was not a random and spontaneous death. Something malicious happened here."

One said, "Something isn't right with lil tay and her brothers death. How can they both die at the same time.. LIL TAY has been quiet on social media for years her youtube channel says help me this looks like a sign that something isn't right her death is also very random."

Another mentioned, "Lil tay has been saying help me on socials for years but no one cares"

What did Lil Tay's family say about her death?

Tay's family took to Instagram to share a statement that read, "It is with a heavy heart that we share the devastating news of our beloved Claire’s sudden and tragic passing. We have no words to express the unbearable loss and indescribable pain. We have no words to explain the unbearable loss and indescribable pain."

It further read, "This outcome was entirely unexpected and has left us all in shock," adding, "Her brother’s passing adds an even more unimaginable depth to our grief."

"During this time of immense sorrow, we kindly ask for privacy as we grieve this overwhelming loss, as the circumstances of Clair and her brother’s passing are still under investigation," the statement continued.

"Claire will forever remain in our hearts, her absence leaving an irreplaceable void that will be felt by all who knew and loved her," it concluded.

What did Lil Tay's father and former manager say?

According to Business Insider, Hope reportedly told the publication that "he could not comment on the Instagram post" about Tay's death. The outlet also alleged that he "declined to answer whether his daughter was still alive."

Tay's former manager Tsuang also echoed similar sentiments. "Given the complexities of the current circumstances, I am at a point where I cannot definitively confirm or dismiss the legitimacy of the statement issued by the family," he told the publication.

"This situation calls for cautious consideration and respect for the sensitivities involved. My commitment remains focused on delivering updates that are both reliable and appropriately timed," the manager said.

What did the officials say?

Amid the ongoing speculations surrounding Tay's death, the Los Angeles Police Department and county medical examiner allegedly said that they had no information about any investigation into the death of any individual named "Claire Hope", Business Insider reported.

Meanwhile, the Vancouver Police Department also allegedly said that they had no reports of Tay's death and were not investigating the case, as per the outlet.

Tags news