Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'AGT' Season 18: Fans slam NBC as they 'couldn't connect' with Avantgardy's 'foreign act'

2023-06-07 11:18
Avantgardy bagged 4 Yes in 'AGT' Season 18's audition round
'AGT' Season 18: Fans slam NBC as they 'couldn't connect' with Avantgardy's 'foreign act'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 brought a lot of foreign performers on the stage. Seeing this made fans doubt whether 'America's Got Talent' is really about America's talent. In a recent episode, we saw a Japanese dance group stunning the stage with their over-the-top synchronized performance.

Bringing out the soul of Japan, Avantgardy stunned the judges. Coming all the way from Japan was worthy for the Avantgardy group. Bagging all four yes, the Japanese group jumped in excitement as they moved ahead for the Los Angeles round. Though Avantgardy won the judges' hearts, fans questioned their existence on 'AGT' Season 18.

'AGT' judges amused by Avantgardy's 'beyond sync' performance

After the energetic performance of the dancing group, Heidi claimed, "You are so beyond in sync and you really think outside the box." She added, "I really feel like I saw your Japanese soul." Sofia Vergara commented, "This was beyond anything I expected. It was something weird that we've never seen. I love you girls." Simon Cowell was really happy that Avantgardy girls came all the way from Japan. Moreover, Howie Mandel loved everything that Avantgardy girls did. After getting four 'yes', Avantgardy girls walked out of the stage in sync.

'Why it is called Americas got talent? A lot of foreign acts'

After seeing Japanese girls perform on 'AGT' a fan wondered, "Can someone explain to me why it is called Americas got talent? A lot of foreign acts. Wonder if BGT has non British acts." Another called out the show for bringing such performances which they couldn't connect with. "Avantgardy was beautifully in sync and identically, but I just couldn't connect to their dance and don't see them going all the way," tweeted a fan. Another asked the group to go on, "They should be on whatever the Japanese version of Broadway is."

After watching Avantgardy's performance a fan wrote, "Oh wow! I thought I was watching the next generation of K-ON! or Love Live!" Another joked, "Dad: This sounds like the beginning of an anime. Me: Yep sounds like. I'm surprised you said that before I did." "I don't necessarily understand whats happening, but I like it," tweeted another.

'AGT' Season 18 releases new episodes every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on NBC.

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.