Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'If they can't find anything on you, they'll make it up': Katy Perry and Russell Brand fans go to war

2023-09-18 17:47
Russell Brand's fans defend the comedian against rape and sexual assault allegations against him
'If they can't find anything on you, they'll make it up': Katy Perry and Russell Brand fans go to war

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The English comedian and media personality, Russell Brand, has been accused of rape and sexual assaults by at least four women.

Amid news breaking about the “serious allegations” against Brand, a video clip from Katy Perry’s autobiographical concert documentary ‘Part Of Me’ is also doing the rounds on the Internet.

This has to some extent shifted focus to how Brand abruptly told Perry he was divorcing her in a text message.

Recently, in an investigation conducted by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4, four women have accused the actor for sexually assaulting them in separate incidents, between 2006 to 2013, when he was at the peak of his stardom.

The Internet has naturally taken sides with several bashing Brand while supporting Perry for their split that happened more than a decade ago.

However, there were several fans who were supporting the 48-year-old actor and bashing the allegations as a clever tool for smearing him for making anti-establishment comments on his social media channels and on his YouTube show.

Which celebrities supported Russell Brand?

Brand has long left the mainstream media and has been dwelling in the parallel media universe, claims The Guardian.

For long, he has been talking about anti-establishment issues including Covid-19 vaccination.

The SpaceX boss Elon Musk supported Brand after claiming he is being targeted by journalists because “they don’t like competition.”

The Telegraph columnist Allison Pearson commented in solidarity that one “is to wonder why They are trying to silence the person.”

The infamous social media influencer Andrew Tate also supported him.

Russell Brand issued a long video desribing the accusations as "serious allegations" and vehemently denied them.

'Anyone who speaks against the establishment will come after you'

After the sexual violence allegations against Russell Brand came to the fore, clippings of Katy Perry having a meltdown after receiving the divorce text from her former husband is also doing the rounds of the Internet.

The netizens have been polarized in the situation with several social media users siding with Katy Perry for going through the traumatizing experience of getting the devastating news of her divorce just before a concert in 2011.

While another section of netizens have readied their guns to defend the 'Get Him to the Greek' actor, with one fan even saying, "I think Katy was the problem, respectfully."

Someone else quipped, "Katie perry treated him like a new dog, both at fault."

Someone else reasoned, "Breaking up with someone who's self centered doesn't make you horrible. Nor do anonymous accusations. Let the chips fall where they may but there are already others coming forward that @thetimes & @C4Dispatches left out of their article b/c they said the opposite. Give it time."

Another supporter of Brand said, "The way he treated her? they were just incompatible and he didn’t wanna join the circus."

Someone else defended Brand by saying, "Anyone who speaks against the establishment will come after you. Russell now speaks about truth and has a desire to wake people up. Powerful entities dont like this and are now trying to tarnish his image. Hes not the first they’re doing this to and not the last. Typical playbook."

Another fan of Brand rationalized, "But you can equally say when Me Too started that was the ideal time for women to come forward. So why didn’t they come forward then? It was even an ideal time to come forward when he dumped Katy Perry is the awful way via text message. Stories could have come out then but didnt."

The fans of Katy Perry, however, left no stone unturned to rally for the 'Roar' singer.

One fan said, "Not that kind of guy imo, posted pics of Katy Perry without make-up to show ppl the truth, left her.. what would you make of that? Couldn't control her?"

Someone else said, "Katy perry must be looking back having gone through being dumped by sms by him, as a blessing in disguise."

"I want you to know i was a very dramatic tween when i found out katy perry married him because yet another beautiful lady lost to a literal troll," commented another fan.

Another tweet read, "This is a terrible argument "Russell Brand said something bad therefore he deserves being slandered by public opinion as a dangerous criminal" Do better. I hate the tax cult as much as the next sane person but raping is a serious crime."

"I'm so happy you're away from Russell Brand Katy. Happy life x," cheered another fan for Perry.

Someone else said, "Yikes, no wonder why Katy Perry made the best decision to break up with him. That makes an ephebophile (sic) as well because one of his victims was 16 at the time. Abuser and rapist, Creek seriously needs a new voice actor, like right now."

Despite all, a fan of Brand warned him, "Be careful, Russell. If they can't find anything on you, they'll make it up."