Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Gerry Turner? 'Golden Bachelor's 71-year-old lead got late wife's blessings for ABC's senior citizen dating show

2023-07-18 13:45
ABC's 'Golden Bachelor' lead Gerry Turner, 71, loves four-wheeling and spending time with friends and family
Who is Gerry Turner? 'Golden Bachelor's 71-year-old lead got late wife's blessings for ABC's senior citizen dating show

ABC announced a few weeks ago that a senior citizen version of 'The Bachelor' is about to hit the screens. Now, the streaming platform has even revealed the name of the lead who will be entering the dating world in search of love. Gerry Turner has won a lot of hearts with his first look in 'The Golden Bachelor'.

As ABC comes up with the new show and new lead, Bachelor Nation fans' interest hikes up in knowing who is he. Has he previously got his heart broken? Was he married? Let us uncover everything as we wait for the release of 'The Golden Bachelor'.

Who is Gerry Turner?

Gerry Turner is a 71-year-old retired restaurateur. He lives in his dream house on a lake in Indiana. Born in 1974, Gerry got married to his high school sweetheart Toni. They happily lived together for 43 years. Together, the couple welcomed two daughters, Angie and Jenny. Moreover, Gerry also has two granddaughters Charlee and Payton. Sadly, Gerry and Toni's relationship did not go a long way as she left him mid-way because of some illness. Toni died in 2017. Gerry says about his wife's death in 'Good Morning America', "She got robbed. Every day that goes by, that’s the thought that I have." Gerry loves hosting barbecues, playing pickleball, rooting for Chicago sports teams, four-wheeling, and spending time with friends and family.

Gerry Turner got his dead wife's blessing for 'The Golden Bachelor'

Even though Gerry's dead wife is no more with him but he still has her blessings for 'The Golden Bachelor'. He says, "I have her picture on a dresser in my closet." At first, Gerry hesitated about the show thinking about his wife. But, it seems that he has got his dead wife's approval. Gerry added, "Every morning, I give her (dead wife's photo) a nod (and say), 'So what do you think about this?' For a while, it was like, I was having a hard time figuring out if she would be OK. But we always told each other, when one of us goes, we want the other to be happy. She’s up there rooting for me. She’s saying, ‘Yeah, Gerry. Do this."

'They’re still gonna cast 20 and 30-year-olds'

As ABC announced the first lead of the new show 'The Golden Bachelor', a fan tweeted, "Brb trying to sign my granny up for the golden bachelor." Another joked, "The commercial for the Golden Bachelor looks like a SNL skit." A fan guessed, "Why do I get the feeling they’re still gonna cast 20 and 30 year olds on The Golden Bachelor." Another made fun, "Casting Call for The Golden Bachelor! Producers of the #bachelor shows are now looking for seniors that are looking for love."

When will 'The Golden Bachelor' release?

ABC releases the teaser video of 'The Golden Bachelor'. The teaser says, "He posts his thirst traps in a leather-bound album." "His DMs have postage. He gets the early birds special any time he wants. If you call him he'll answer the phone," adds the teaser. It further praises Gerry for not possessing any gray hair and instead have wisdom-highlights. The synopsis claims, "The golden age has arrived! Meet Gerry, 'The Golden Bachelor', coming to ABC this fall."

Indeed 'The Golden Bachelor' will release somewhere towards the end of 2023.

Tags news