Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'America's Got Talent': Plastic surgeon claims judges allegedly spent $173K on cosmetic work

2023-06-03 15:46
Dr Richard Westreich claimed that the 'AGT' judges apparently resorted to cosmetic procedures in order to look their best for Season 18
'America's Got Talent': Plastic surgeon claims judges allegedly spent $173K on cosmetic work

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The latest season of 'America's Got Talent' premiered on Tuesday, May 30 on NBC. The reality competition, currently in Season 18, features aspiring performers contending to win a prize of $1 million.

The star-studded judging panel includes executive producer Simon Cowell, renowned comedian Howie Mandel, global fashion icon Heidi Klum, and acclaimed actress and international superstar Sofia Vergara. The charismatic Terry Crews also returns as the host. As millions of viewers tune in to NBC to watch the new season, it's obvious that the esteemed panel of judges want to look their best. However, according to a plastic surgeon, there are allegations that some of them resorted to expensive cosmetic procedures in order to look their best for the show.

Plastic surgeon Dr Richard Westreich, who has not treated any of the judges, said, "Out of the five judges, Heidi looks the best and that's a no-brainer. But I do not think she has had a lot of cosmetic work done. I think she has just been doing Botox and maybe filler," to The US Sun.

Dr Westreich also said, "There are a couple of maybes for Sofia Vergara but some of those are a while ago. Otherwise, everyone knows that Simon got work done, plus he was open about the fact that he was dissolving his fillers." "By contrast, Howie and Terry would not be interested in going down that route," he added, continuing, "Howie and Terry both shave their heads, which eliminates any opportunity for you to have procedures like brow lifts and face lifts. Those incisions would need to be hidden in the hairline. If Terry did anything like Botox, it would be catastrophic for him because of his heavy brow."

Judges allegedly spent $173K on cosmetic surgery

In total, it is estimated that the 'America's Got Talent' judging panel may have apparently invested approximately $173,000 on cosmetic procedures. "This includes Heidi’s Botox at $5,000 a year, and Sofia's possible mini facelift costing around $ 20,000," Dr Westreich said. "Sofia may have spent $30,000 on rhinoplasty and $8,000 on filler and Botox. Simon likely had a lateral brow lift at $20,000, blepharoplasty or eyelid lift probably at another $20,000, and neck liposuction would cost around $10,000. He also probably spent between $20,000 and $30,000 on Botox and fillers in the past. He might have spent $10,000 on getting those fillers dissolved."

Did the AGT judges really get plastic surgery?

Simon Cowell

Earlier, Simon Cowell revealed that he had discontinued the use of Botox and fillers. Cowell candidly admitted in 2022 that his previous experiences with cosmetic procedures had resulted in an appearance reminiscent of a horror movie character. Simon also shared that his fiance, Lauren Silverman, and his eight-year-old son, Eric, found his altered looks amusing. "Enough was enough," he said at the time, before adding, "There's no filler in my face at all now. Zero."

"I think about ten years ago, Simon may have had a bit of liposuction on his neck when he was in a heavier phase," said Dr Westreich, before adding, "I think he has had work done on his eye area including a lateral brow lift because he had very heavy hooded eyes. He may have had an upper lid lift and probably a lower lid lift around that same time. Around 2009, Simon started doing fillers and went overboard. To his word, he has been dissolving the fillers and is looking more normal. Filler can stick around for years, so I do not think you can have that much filler in your body and expect it to all go away. If Simon did an MRI, there would probably still be small pockets of it. It would be almost impossible to get rid of all of it in Simon's face."

Sofia Vergara

Vergara shared her openness to the idea of cosmetic procedures, saying, "Why not? I mean, not yet, but maybe I'll do my under-eye bags in my 50s. We'll see what I need, but I'm not saying no!" to Redbook in a 2014 conversation. "Sofia may have had some work done in her early twenties," said Dr Westreich, and added, "She might have had a limited rhinoplasty. Sofia also might have had a mini-facelift at one point and around seven years ago. She also has veneers. Currently all she seems to be doing is Botox and fillers, which are mostly in her cheeks."

Heidi Klum

Over the years, there have been speculations surrounding Heidi Klum potentially undergoing cosmetic surgery. However, the 49-year-old model and former Victoria's Secret star has consistently dismissed such rumors. "Ask me again when I'm 65, but… I'm proud to be able to say, in this day and age, I haven't done anything," Klum told Allure in 2012.

"Heidi has never had a period where it looked like her skin was aging significantly," said Dr Westreich, adding, "She always looks really good and seems to have just had Botox. When you have a good bone structure and thin skin, then textually it is very smooth. Those types of patients do tend to age very well. People like Heidi do not need some of these other treatments that you see others commonly getting."

Howie Mandel

Howie Mandel, who has been a judge on 'America's Got Talent' since Season 5, has opted for veneers. "Howie Mandel looks completely age-appropriate," explained Dr Westreich. "I think that he hasn't really done anything. Some people look good with their heads shaved and other people don't. Howie and Terry are rocking the clean-shaven head look. I don't see either of them deviating from the pathway that they’re on," he added.