Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Scarlett Johansson reveals how she deals with husband Colin Jost when he retreats 'into his head'

2023-06-14 18:27
Scarlett Johansson, who married 'Saturday Night Live' head writer Colin Jost in 2020, seems to have found a working introvert-extrovert dynamic
Scarlett Johansson reveals how she deals with husband Colin Jost when he retreats 'into his head'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Scarlett Johansson's latest role in Wes Anderson's highly-anticipated 'Asteroid City' is expected to be yet another wowing performance from the acclaimed actress. The movie brings together a star-studded cast that includes Hollywood icons such as Tom Hanks and Margot Robbie, promising an exceptional visual and storytelling experience. Notably, Jason Schwartzman and Tilda Swinton will also add their unique contributions in prominent roles.

While Scarlett Johansson's professional career continues to shine, her personal life is equally fascinating. Her love story with Colin Jost, the head writer of the popular comedy show 'Saturday Night Live', has become the stuff of fairy tales. Their connection seemed to blossom during Johansson's appearances on the show, and their chemistry extends beyond the glamorous red-carpet events. Their journey together has been a source of immense joy and love, and with the arrival of their son, Scarlett Johansson has unveiled the true secret to their enduring and happy marriage.

Scarlett Johansson and Colin Jost's introvert-extrovert dynamic

During a candid conversation on 'CBS Mornings' with Gayle King, Tony Dokoupil, and Nate Burleson, Scarlett Johansson offered valuable insights into the key to their thriving marriage. When asked about the so-called "secret" of a successful union, Johansson humbly admitted, "I don't profess to know anything about that." However, she emphasized, "We laugh a lot and we communicate with one another and check in."

'How was your day?'

As a comedy writer, Colin Jost occasionally retreats into his thoughts, displaying an introverted nature. Johansson, on the other hand, identifies as extroverted. Understanding these differences, Johansson shared, "I'm married to a writer, he's a comedy writer. He can get, like, very in his head sometimes, he's sort of introverted. I'm extroverted, and so I think the key for us is just always checking in, just asking at the end of the day, 'How was your day?'"

This simple trick allows the couple to stay connected, even during moments when Jost retreats into his own thoughts, and serves as a reminder of their love and support for one another. As viewers eagerly await the release of 'Asteroid City', they can also admire the beautiful love story between Scarlett Johansson and Colin Jost. Their shared laughter, open communication, and genuine care for each other provide a shining example of a strong and resilient partnership.