Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Diomi Cordero? Angus Cloud's former talent manager claims 'Euphoria' star was battling drug addiction

2023-08-01 19:58
Diomi Cordero alleged that despite his attempts to guide Angus Cloud towards a healthier path, the actor continued to struggle with addiction
Who is Diomi Cordero? Angus Cloud's former talent manager claims 'Euphoria' star was battling drug addiction

OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA: The entertainment world is reeling from the devastating news of the untimely death of Angus Cloud, the talented actor known for his role as Fezco in the critically acclaimed HBO series 'Euphoria.' Shocking revelations have resurfaced from a Twitter thread by a man named Diomi Cordero, who disclosed that the actor had been grappling with addiction after completing a stint in a rehab two years prior.

Who is Diomi Cordero?

Cordero is reportedly Cloud's former talent manager. His eyebrow-raising thread, which emerged in April, provided crucial insights into Cloud's ongoing struggle with substance abuse, occurring more than three months before his tragic death. According to Page Six, Cordero initially met Cloud at a rehabilitation clinic, and they crossed paths again on July 4, 2021, when the actor hosted a party at his Oakland residence. It was during this gathering that Cordero noticed signs of Cloud being under the influence of drugs, raising concerns about his well-being. "Upon entering his premises and attempting to greet him with a hug, it became immediately apparent that he had resumed substance abuse, a mere two days after completing his treatment," Cordero stated candidly.

As months passed, Cloud's condition continued to worsen, with signs suggesting that he had lost control of his addiction by November 2021. In a heart-wrenching episode, Cordero found himself rushing to Cloud's aid after receiving a distressing call from a roommate of the HBO star. Cloud was experiencing breathing difficulties, prompting Cordero to take immediate action. Armed with CPR training and Narcan, a life-saving drug used to counteract opioid overdoses, Cordero administered aid to the ailing actor. "Regrettably, as he regained consciousness, Angus vomited onto my face," Cordero recalled, underscoring the severity of the situation.

Parting ways

Despite Cordero's attempts to guide Cloud towards a healthier path, the actor continued to struggle with addiction even during his stay in rehab. In a concerning development, Cloud chose to leave the facility early to focus on a movie project, 'Your Lucky Day', leaving Cordero deeply concerned about his well-being.

The relationship between Cloud and Cordero also appeared to be marred by tension and alleged mistreatment. Cordero claimed that the actor had been "extremely abusive" towards him and "had gone to the extent of degrading me publicly in front of his friends & even my colleagues." Eventually, Cordero made the difficult decision to resign from his role as Cloud's talent manager, citing the hostile work environment and lack of support from others involved.

In an effort to raise awareness and shed light on the challenges faced in the entertainment industry, Cordero took a stand and shared his story. In his April post, he mentioned that he was seeking around $60,000 for his work with Cloud, but his ultimate goal was to inspire others to find their voices and speak up in an industry where many voices are silenced. "In sharing my story, I hope to not only find solace & healing but to also inspire others who may be struggling to find their voice in an industry where most are silenced," Cordero said, adding, "I wanted to be a testament to the power of speaking up and owning one's truth, even in the face of adversity."

Family pays tribute

Cloud's family provided a statement to TMZ after his death, revealing that he had been grappling with "severe suicidal thoughts" after attending his father's funeral in Ireland. The family expressed their deep sorrow at saying goodbye to a remarkable human being who was not just an artist but also a cherished friend, brother, and son. "Last week he buried his father and intensely struggled with this loss," the family said, adding, "The only comfort we have is knowing Angus is now reunited with his dad, who was his best friend."

The heartbroken family said that Cloud "was open about his battle with mental health and we hope that his passing can be a reminder to others that they are not alone and should not fight this on their own in silence," adding, "We hope the world remembers him for his humor, laughter, and love for everyone. We ask for privacy at this time as we are still processing this devastating loss."

Tags news