Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Has Katharine McPhee returned to perform with David Foster? 'American Idol' alum left concert tour midway due to nanny's death

2023-08-25 03:29
Katharine McPhee and David Foster's tour is presently set to resume on November 1 at the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom in Warren, Michigan
Has Katharine McPhee returned to perform with David Foster? 'American Idol' alum left concert tour midway due to nanny's death

ROME, ITALY: Katharine McPhee and her husband David Foster are back to performing together. The 39-year-old left their Friends Asia Tour early due to the demise of her and Foster's nanny earlier this month, but she has now returned to the stage for a duet with Erich Bergen while the 16-time Grammy Award winner played the piano.

On Tuesday, August 22, Bergen uploaded a series of videos on Instagram that showed him and McPhee performing while Foster displayed his piano-playing skills.

A couple of videos posted by him featured the trio performing with others while another video showed Bergen singing alongside a group of male singers.

What did the trio perform?

Though none of the videos had audio, according to an Instagram story uploaded by the 37-year-old, he and McPhee are heard duetting to the classic Frankie Valli song 'Can’t Take My Eyes Off You.'

The runner-up of 'American Idol' smiled as she sang alongside her husband and fellow singer, sporting a white satin minidress and flaunting her new signature blonde bob.

“Singing Frankie Valli and 'The Four Seasons' songs in Italy just seems appropriate. So great to perform with my friends @davidfoster @katharinefoster and @thelondonessentials,” Bergen captioned his videos.

Where did Katharine McPhee and David Foster perform?

All three artists donned white for their performance, which seemed to be for an event in Italy, as Bergen's post tagged the location in his post as Villa Rufolo, a villa in the southern Italian town of Ravello.

The pair performed for the first time since their family tragedy

According to People, McPhee and Foster performed together for the first time since the 'American Idol' alum announced that they had experienced a “horrible tragedy” in their family on August 11.

She said in a statement that she would not be able to attend the couple's remaining shows on their joint tour in Jakarta, Indonesia, to return home to deal with the “tragedy.”

"Dearest Jakarta fans, It's with heavy heart I announce I have to miss our final 2 shows of our Asia run", McPhee wrote. 'David and I have had a horrible tragedy in our family and at least one of us needs to get back home to our family. Please know how sorry I am and how much I wish to return one day and perform for you all."

She finally concluded the statement by writing, "Love, Katharine."

Sources close to the outlet reported that her departure from the tour was linked to the sudden and unfortunate death of the nanny to Rennie David, her and Foster's two-year-old son.

The pair's tour is presently set to resume on November 1 at the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom in Warren, Michigan. Foster and McPhee had originally planned to take a three-month break from touring following their concerts in Jakarta.