Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘You made quite a ripple my friend': Patrick Duffy pays heartfelt tribute to former co-star Suzanne Somers who died at 75

2023-10-17 01:57
'Suzanne (Somers) was a dear and deep friend who beautifully passed through my life on this leg of her endless journey,' said Patrick Duffy
‘You made quite a ripple my friend': Patrick Duffy pays heartfelt tribute to former co-star Suzanne Somers who died at 75

TOWNSEND, MONTANA: Patrick Duffy is heartbroken over the loss of his close friend and former co-star Suzanne Somers who died on Sunday, October 15, at the age of 75.

The actor shared a touching statement expressing his gratitude for their friendship and admiration for her spirit, reports People.

Patrick Duffy says Suzanne Somers was a 'deep friend'

The Bobby Ewing of 'Dallas' wrote, “Suzanne was a dear and deep friend who beautifully passed through my life on this leg of her endless journey.”

Duffy added, “She was a mother, a caretaker, a go-to person, and one of the best people I ever knew.”

The actor revealed to Entertainment Tonight in 2021 that they met on the set of ABC’s 'Step by Step', a sitcom from 1991 to 1998 that featured them as parents of a blended family.

Duffy said he and Somers who played 'Carol Foster' on the show remained close friends after the show ended and often talked on the phone, emailed, and visited each other.

Patrick Duffy says he will miss the laughter and phone calls with Suzanne Somers

Duffy, who played the role of Frank Lambert on the show, said, “I will miss the phone calls, the emails, the visits, and the meals and laughter,” with Suzzane Somers, he said.

'The Bold and the Beautiful' star added, “But the dialogue of deep and thoughtful, and silly and frivolous continues. My conversations with her now will be held solely through my daily Buddhist practice.”

Patrick Duffy sends condolences to Suzanne Somers' husband Alan

Duffy also sent his condolences to Somers’ husband Alan Hamel, her son Bruce Somers Jr, and her extended family.

He said he wished he had one more chance to see her in person, but he knew that would not be enough. “It is the painful beauty of our present human reality,” he said.

“What strength and support I can muster I send to Alan and Bruce and her family and to her I say; When the stone of your life dropped in this pond you made quite a ripple my friend. Thank you.”

Back in the good old days, Duffy and Somers' characters, in the sitcom which brought them together, quickly fell in love.

"She was a mentor in the very beginning. She's sitcom gold," Duffy said of his co-star in 2021.

Somers also reflected on their friendship in an interview in 2021. "We will always be dear friends. I usually get in touch with him on his birthday — he was born on St Patrick's Day, so it's really easy to remember! We always have a virtual drink together," she said at the time.

Tags news