Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Jamie Spears unwell? Britney Spears not reconciling with her dad amid her divorce and his ill health

2023-08-24 21:21
Britney Spears previously said she wanted her parents, Lynne and Jamie, in jail over her 13-year conservatorship
Is Jamie Spears unwell? Britney Spears not reconciling with her dad amid her divorce and his ill health

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Recent reports claiming that Britney Spears is seeking to mend her strained relationship with her estranged father, Jamie Spears, have been dismissed by multiple sources.

A source close to the 'Gimme More' singer emphatically stated, "It's just not true." Another insider added, "Britney is on a healing journey, but a reconciliation with Jamie is not in the cards," as per Page Six.

Does Britney Spears speak to her father Jamie Spears?

It was previously reported that Britney had expressed her desire to see her father in jail due to his role in her conservatorship and was considering extending an olive branch to him. Sources suggested that the pop star was inclined to reach out to Jamie, especially given his reported health issues, following her recent split from husband Sam Asghari.

Jamie, 71, has reportedly been suffering from health problems stemming from a knee replacement surgery 16 years ago. He has undergone multiple hospital visits and is scheduled for another operation.

Britney, 41, who had her conservatorship terminated in November 2021, has been in touch with her older brother, Bryan Spears, who is reportedly offering support to her during her ongoing divorce from Asghari, 29. “He’s been staying over and helping her alongside a therapist,” an insider claimed adding Bryan’s presence is “a great thing for all of” the Spears family.

Notably, the Grammy winner was not “on good terms with her family,” particularly her dad and sister, Jamie Lynn Spears, but had an “OK” reunion with her mother, Lynne Spears, in May.

Despite claims of Jamie being open to reconciliation, the relationship between Britney and her father hit a low point in 2021. During her conservatorship battle, she stated that those involved in her conservatorship should be in jail. She also revealed her trauma and the detrimental effects of the conservatorship on her life.

“Ma’am, my dad and anyone involved in this conservatorship, and my management, who played huge roles in punishing me when I said ‘No’ [to going on tour] — ma’am, they should be in jail,” she told a Los Angeles judge at the time. “I’ve lied and told the whole world I’m OK and I’m happy. I’ve been in denial. I’ve been in shock. I am traumatized.”

Why was Britney Spears in conservatorship?

Before the termination of her conservatorship, Britney's financial matters and personal choices had been overseen by her father.

The conservatorship, initially intended to be temporary, was established in 2008 at the request of Jamie, her father, in response to her widely publicized challenges in the aftermath of her divorce from Kevin Federline in late 2007.