Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Luke Bryan OK? 'American Idol' judge cancels third show in three days, fans ask him to get some rest

2023-08-08 17:52
Luke Bryan was slated to perform at the Watershed Festival on Sunday, August 6, in George, Washington
Is Luke Bryan OK? 'American Idol' judge cancels third show in three days, fans ask him to get some rest

GEORGE, WASHINGTON: 'American Idol' judge Luke Bryan, 47, announced on Instagram that an illness had forced him to cancel three performances on Sunday, August 6, the day before his scheduled performance at the three-day Watershed Festival in George, Washington.

Bryan posted a statement on his Instagram Stories just before the show explaining that he had an illness, apologizing profusely to his eager fans.

Is Luke Bryan OK?

As per Bryan's Instagram story, the Country singer had to postpone his third consecutive performance due to a "head cold," and he apologized to his fans who were eager to see him perform.

A third of the attendees, who purchased wristbands to the festival, will receive a partial refund. The 'Country Girl' singer recently cancelled his 'Country On Tour' performances in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Boise, Idaho, per Fox News.

Bryan wrote on Instagram, "This is such a frustrating weekend. ‘Shedders, I am sorry to let you down but I am not back singing – can hardly even talk still. This festival is one of the most beautiful places we perform and one of the most fun crowds always. I know my friends on the show will bring a great time for you! Show them all what you got. Love ya - Luke."

Luke Bryan canceled two other shows in a row

Bryan posted on X on August 4, addressing his Salt Lake fans, "Dear Salt Lake fans, for the past couple of weeks I’ve been battling a head cold. I have been spending those days warming up and singing and have been able to perform. Today I have followed the same routine trying to not give up but I am just not getting better. I truly can not give you the show I want to give so I am going to have to postpone tonight’s show at USANA Amphitheatre to August 31, 2023. Thank you so much for understanding. - Luke"

Bryan had similar reservations regarding his performance in Idaho. Bryan tweeted then, "Dear Boise fans – this is so hard for me to do but I am going to have to cancel my show on August 5th at Ford Center. Under the advisement of doctors I need another day to rest my voice and get better. There is nothing that I love more than to play live shows and I am so disappointed to not be able to do this for you. More info will be sent to those who bought tickets. Love ya Luke"

Bryan's rescheduled performances come less than two months after he reportedly admitted that he was "not really balancing [his career and family obligations] that well this year." His tour will continue in Arkansas on August 10.

'Your voice is worth a million dollars!'

The Country singer's fans took to X to express their concern. One fan wrote, "Summer colds hit hard. Haven’t had one in a long time but there’s an extra punch to them…definitely recall that. This too shall pass!" A second fan said, "Get Well Soon Luke! Your voice is worth a million dollars!! REST up for next weekend!!" A third exclaimed, "We ALL know how disappointed you are, Luke!! But, it's more important that you take care of yourself, Rest, get plenty of fluids and love from Caroline and your sons!!!! My Thoughts and Prayers are with you Brother!!!! Much Love to you, Luke!!!!" Another fan wrote, "Take it easy, your health is the number 1 goal if they are your fans at all they will understand."

Another fan wrote, "Your health is always more important than anything else. Take care of you and the rest will work itself out." Another one chimed in, "Feel better soon Luke!!! Get plenty of much needed rest, Brother!! My Thoughts and Prayers are with you, we ALL Love you, Luke!!!" A fan from Salt Lake wrote, "Everybody has a sick day now and then. Rest and get better, then give them a great show." Another fan penned, "Luke, do what's necessary for you man. Your fans will understand if you need to prioritize your health and well-being."

Tags news