Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Amy Schumer takes a dig at Hilaria and Alec Baldwin during 'Emergency Contact,' says she is 'not trying to bully a sociopath'

2023-06-14 01:26
During 'Emergency Contact,' Amy Schumer also mentioned Alec Baldwin's 'Rust' shooting incident saying 'he shot someone'
Amy Schumer takes a dig at Hilaria and Alec Baldwin during 'Emergency Contact,' says she is 'not trying to bully a sociopath'

LOS GATOS, CALIFORNIA: Among many hitting jokes in Amy Schumer's 'Emergency Contact' standup currently streaming on Netflix includes the comic aiming at Alec Baldwin and Hilaria Baldwin amid the duo's slew of controversies. She made fun of the couple towards the end of the 51-minute show.

The special also discussed Schumer's liposuction which she admitted was the "laziest thing" she's ever done. She joked that she looks "exactly the same" after laser treatment and fillers on her face.

Schumer mocked Hilaria's Spanish accent

As Schumer began talking about the Baldwins in her special, she asked the audience, "Do you guys know who Hilaria Baldwin is?" and switched to a Spanish accent saying, "I’m saying it wrong. I’m sorry."

"Hilaria Baldwin. I just can’t wrap my head around this story," she said and shared that "years ago" she met Hilaria backstage at the TV show 'Saturday Night Live'. The wellness-focussed book writer told Schumer at the time that she was " 'from Espana,’ (with) a very thick Spanish accent."

'They have a von Trapp amount of children'

Alec and Hilaria together have seven children, Ilaria Catalina Irena, seven months, Maria Lucia Victoria, two, Eduardo 'Edu' Pao, two, Romeo, Leonardo Angel Charles, six, Rafael Thomas, seven, and Carmen Gabriela, nine. Talking about the number of children they share, Schumer said, "They have a von Trapp amount of children and they named them all ― I’m not sure, but very Spanish names like Jamon, Croqueta, and Flamenco."

"And all of this would be fine and beautiful, except that ‘Hilaria from Espana’ is actually Hillary from Boston. This woman is in no way Spanish. Her parents are not from Spain. No one in her life is from Spain. You’re going, ‘What?!’ Did you think I was just doing a really racist Spanish impression?" Schumer continues.

"So, I’m not trying to bully a sociopath. I have a point, OK? I think what had happened was she went to Spain. And I’ve been lucky enough to go to Spain. Some of you have been. It’s great, right? Don’t you love it? I loved it, too. But Hillary from Boston … loooved it!" said Schumer who switched back to the Spanish accent saying, "I am going to be from it!"

'Her husband shot someone'

In February 2021, Hilaria took to Instagram to apologize for giving the impression she was brought up in Spain. "My point is that all evidence points to this woman, since she met her husband, has straight up pretended to be from Spain," Schumer said.

Nearly 18 months after the fatal shooting of the 'Rust' cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, Alec wrapped the film's shoot on May 22. "And her husband shot someone," the comic pointed out, according to USA Today.