Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Steve-O detained for jumping off London Bridge to promote upcoming comedy special, says cops were 'totally cool'

2023-07-08 04:48
In the video posted by Steve-O, he was seen wearing an 'I [heart] London' and British flag pattern bucket hat, socks, and holding an umbrella
Steve-O detained for jumping off London Bridge to promote upcoming comedy special, says cops were 'totally cool'

LONDON, ENGLAND: Steve-O was detained by police on Thursday, July 6, after he jumped off the famed London Bridge as he took an adventurous way to promote his upcoming comedy special in the UK by jumping into the River Thames. On Friday, the 'Jackass' star took to Instagram to post the video of the incident.

The clip from what Steve-O described as "an epic day" showed a countdown before he jumped off the bridge and into the river. The 49-year-old is seen wearing an 'I [heart] London' and British flag pattern bucket hat, socks, and holding an umbrella.

Steve-O says police were 'totally cool' while they detained him

Talking about being detained, Steve-O wrote, "I was detained by police after doing this jump off the Tower Of London Bridge yesterday, but they were totally cool and understood that I’m just super excited to be taping my third (and craziest by far) comedy special on Friday, July 14, in London (where I was born!)."

"This incredible photo sequence was shot by @petejobson, and the photo from above was shot by @mikechudley. What an epic day yesterday was! PS— the video of this is in my stories!", he captioned the post.

The entertainer is also seen promoting his upcoming special in the video he posted on his Instagram Story as he was spotted talking into a camera about the show just moments before he was placed in a police vehicle, reported ET.

Steve-O's previous promotion stunts

Before the incident on London Bridge, the 'Wlidboyz' star promoted his special by jumping off a double-decker bus. "I asked for a professional photographer in London to shoot me illegally climbing onto the roof of a big, red double-decker bus, and @mikechudley absolutely killed it! The bus driver was really cool about the surprise, too -- I promised him we would obscure anything identifiable about him or his individual bus! What a day I had yesterday," he captioned the picture.

In 2020, Steve-O tagged himself on a billboard while promoting his then-new project 'Gnarly' in Los Angeles. Sharing pictures of him fastening to the billboard, he wrote, "I'm attached to a billboard right now (swipe to see the whole thing) and want to emphasize that a team of real professionals rigged everything safely. There is zero chance of me falling, and it’s important to me that we not waste any valuable city resources on this."

Expressing how thankful he is for the desired attention he gained following his London Bridge stunt, Steve-O tweeted, "Me being detained by police for jumping off the Tower Of London Bridge got a lot of from the media, thanks so much, Everyone!!!"