Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Brooke Shields OK? ‘Pretty Baby’ star reveals losing conciounsess and going 'totally blue' due to 'seizures'

2023-11-02 02:18
'The next thing I remember, I’m being loaded into an ambulance. I have oxygen on,' said Brooke Shields
Is Brooke Shields OK? ‘Pretty Baby’ star reveals losing conciounsess and going 'totally blue' due to 'seizures'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Brooke Shields is healthy and has opened up about the terrifying health scare that left her “frothing at the mouth and blue in the face” in September.

The actress, 58, revealed she looked weird and had a grand seizure before collapsing head-first into the wall while she waited for an Uber in New York.

What happened to Brooke Shields?

Brooke Shields lost consciousness, frothed from the mouth, and then in the hospital she had bronchitis.

“I was waiting for an Uber. I get down to the bottom of the steps, and I start evidently looking weird," she told Glamour magazine.

She said people with her questioned if she was feeling okay as she was evidently looking "weird."

Shields said she went into the restaurant L’Artusi and "then my hands drop to my side and I go headfirst into the wall. I start having a grand mal seizure."

She said it means, "frothing at the mouth, totally blue, trying to swallow my tongue."

"The next thing I remember, I’m being loaded into an ambulance. I have oxygen on. And Bradley f*****g Cooper is sitting next to me holding my hand," she continued.

How did Bradley Cooper come to Brooke Shields' rescue?

She said the actor, 48, who is a longtime friend of hers, was called by his assistant after the waiter at the restaurant could not reach her husband Chris Henchy.

One of the assistants knew Bradley was nearby and he rushed to the L'Artusi.

He told him, "Brooke’s on the ground. Chris isn’t around. Go get her."

Shields added, "And he came, and somebody called the ambulance. And then it was like, I walked in with Jesus."

Cooper, according to Sheilds, who felt "surreal and odd" while in the ambulance, told her, “I’m going to the hospital with you, Brooke."

What caused Brooke Shields' seizure and how did she recover?

Shields said she was taken to intensive care where she developed bronchitis and had a catheter and an IV drip.

Doctors told her she had too much water and not enough sodium in her body which caused the seizure.

Shields had been drinking a lot of water for her show debut at Cafe Carlyle, but she was not on some “crazy actress” diet.

She said doctors advised her to have more salt in her diet. Shields said she managed to recover and perform her one-woman show on September 12.

She said she felt “empowered” by the experience and grateful for the support of her friends and family.

Shields is now back to full health and joins other inspiring women on the Glamour Women Of The Year special digital covers.

She is featured alongside showrunner Quinta Brunson, singer Mary J Blige, model Geena Rocero, and actor Selma Blair.

Tags news