Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans trash 'AGT' for allowing Thomas Vu to set himself on fire, label contestant a fool for amateur move: 'Truly irresponsible'

2023-06-21 12:26
'AGT' Season 18 judge Heidi Klum said 'I can't take this' as Thomas Vu set himself on fire
Fans trash 'AGT' for allowing Thomas Vu to set himself on fire, label contestant a fool for amateur move: 'Truly irresponsible'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Thomas Vu, 35, from Orange County, California stunned 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 judges with his daring act. But, fans were concerned seeing how dangerous it was and some of them slammed ABC's competition show for showing such "irresponsible" acts on national television.

Thomas claimed that he was about to show a different version of solving the Rubik's Cube. The artist moved out of the stage to apply some lube. As soon as he started solving the Rubik's Cube on 'AGT' stage, a man from the crew set Thomas on fire. Seeing him light up in fire on the stage host Terry Crews shouted, "He's on fire." He further warned all the viewers saying, "Do not try this at home, ever."

Sofia Vergara and Heidi Klum hide their face in fear

Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara did not expect Thomas to light himself up in fire. Therefore, when the light was lit Heidi and Sofia hid their faces. Heidi turned around his chair as she claimed, "Oh god, I can't take this." Well, it was not only the judges who were shocked seeing Thomas on fire act on 'AGT's stage but it was the audience as well who were scared by the performance. Thomas' clothes burnt as he was focussing on solving Rubik's Cube while on fire. Heidi was continuously seen banging the desk as she said, "Oh my god" in fear. On the other hand, Howie Mandel was concerned by the act and shouted "hurry" as fire flames grew higher.

When asked by Thomas "How was it," Howie said, "Can I make a suggestion? Just sing." He further claimed, "It was so scary, it made us look at each other and go "Oh my god something's gonna go wrong" but you survived." Heidi further stated, "I couldn't look, it was crazy." Thankfully, Thomas managed to move ahead in the show despite the concerning act.

'#AGT bad mistake allowing this flaming act to be televised'

Fans slam 'AGT' for showing content like performers lighting themselves on fire on the stage. A fan slammed the show as he tweeted, "#AGT #ManOnFire = irresponsible!!! Impressionable kids will burn Themselves to death!!!! NO! NO! NO!!" "Kids, do not try this at home!!!" wrote another concerned fan. A fan slammed ABC, "#AGT bad mistake allowing this flaming act to be televised. Some kid will change their life forever after watching this. Truly irresponsible Jacka** level garbage. I'm out."

A shocked fan said, "It's a bit much to set yourself on fire." Another labeled Thomas "fool," saying, "This fool set himself on fire to play with a rubiks cube...SMHHHH" Seeing Thomas perform such a fiery act in the audition round made a fan claim, "Using fire on your first #agt audition is an amateur move."

New episodes of 'AGT' Season 18 drop every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on ABC.