Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Judges are drunk tonight': 'AGT' fans slam Simon Cowell for criticizing Summer Rios' Qualifiers 3 act

2023-09-06 12:16
Sofia Vergara described Summer Rios' performance as 'beautiful' and expressed optimism that America would vote for her
'Judges are drunk tonight': 'AGT' fans slam Simon Cowell for criticizing Summer Rios' Qualifiers 3 act

PASADENA, CALIFORNIA: Summer Rios stunned the judges with her performance of 'Control' by Zoe Wees during the Qualifiers 3.

Rios, 19, stated that her 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 audition changed her life and that she is determined to continue in the competition despite the fact that this song is 'hard' for her to perform.

After her performance on Tuesday, September 5, judge Simon Cowell remarked that her act felt 'over-produced' and was not as excellent as her audition, but that he would still be cheering for her.

The audience booed Simon's critique, prompting the judge to snap at them. "What is your problem?" he yelled at the audience.

Sofia Vergara described Rios' performance as 'beautiful' and expressed optimism that America would vote for her.

On the other hand, Howie Mandel stated that it was not his favorite song, but she tried her best. Summer, according to Heidi Klum, "nailed it."

Angry fans took to X to write, "America if y’all get rid of Summer tomorrow we’re gonna have problems. Simon being Negative Nancy as usual." Another person chimed in, "I thought summer Rae was awesome, why the Grinch mode simon?" One fan said, "She can sing! Judges are drunk tonight."

One fan further noted, "This girl is amazing please go on the voice there not rude like Howie and Simon."

On YouTube, individuals noted, "Simon saying it was more produced than her last was confusing to me. That's what AGT does. They overproduce practically all these acts."

The same user further added, "I believe acoustic ballads are more in her wheelhouse, but I'm fine with her taking this risk. I just wish we got more than just 2-3 performances in a season from most of these acts."

Another person added, "Can Simon not voice his opinions no more?''

Where is Summer Rios from?

Summer Rios, a 19-year-old singer-songwriter from Brunswick, Ohio, began singing as soon as she could form entire phrases. Summer's mother entered her in singing competitions when she was young, but after she reached adolescence, she shifted her focus away from music.

However, Summer's mother saw that her daughter still had a strong passion for singing and encouraged her to apply to 'AGT'.

As a result of this effort, Summer reached her full potential and accomplished her goal of one day selling out venues all over the world.

Who is the highest-paid judge on 'AGT'?

Simon Cowell is reputedly the highest-paid 'AGT' judge, receiving $45 million every season. Howie earns $1.75 million every season, while Sofia earns $10 million.

Heidi recently became a member of the 'AGT' judging panel. Since then, she has gained recognition and appreciation as a judge.

When will 'AGT' Season 18 Qualifiers 4 air?

'AGT' Season 18 enters the fourth of five weeks of the Qualifiers phase. Brace yourselves because 'AGT' Season 18 Qualifiers 4 will air on September 12.

Each of the five weeks, eleven of the 55 performers invited to participate will perform.

Only two will be chosen by popular voting in America! Who stays and who goes home will no longer be decided by the judges, Howie, Heidi, Sofia, and Simon.

NBC airs 'AGT' LIVE performance shows on Tuesdays at 8 pm ET/PT. The one-hour results programs air on Wednesdays at 8 pm ET/PT.

'America's Got Talent' Season 18 now airs both Tuesdays and Wednesdays on NBC at 8 pm ET