Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Pink reveals she almost died of a drug overdose as a teenager

2023-10-24 02:54
Pink is opening up about her past in a new interview with "60 Minutes," revealing she nearly died of a drug overdose in the '90s.
Pink reveals she almost died of a drug overdose as a teenager

Pink is opening up about her past in a new interview with "60 Minutes," revealing she nearly died of a drug overdose in the '90s.

"I grew up in a house where every day my parents were screaming at each other, throwing things. They hated each other," Pink told Cecilia Vega.

Describing herself as "a punk" at the time, Pink said she eventually started using and selling drugs, got kicked out of her house and dropped out of high school. "I was off the rails," she said.

On Thanksgiving day in 1995, "I was at a rave and I overdosed," she said, adding that she had taken "ecstasy, angel dust, crystal -- all kinds of things" that night.

She told Vega the combination almost killed her.

That was the last time she used "hard drugs," according to the report. Weeks later, Pink (whose name is Alecia Moore) scored her first record deal with an all-girls R&B group. She eventually launched a solo career using the "teenage nickname" she's now known for.

"I keep demanding more and more and more from myself physically, emotionally, spiritually, vocally. I want to raise the bar all the time," Pink said. "When they say a woman has to slow down, become smaller, take up less space, calm down -- no. Absolutely not. Why can't we ride it till the wheels fall off?"

"That's what I plan on doing," she said.