Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Today’s beloved meteorologist Al Roker goes missing from NBC show after hinting at retirement on-air

2023-08-22 11:58
Al Roker's co-host Craig Melvin updated the fans about his whereabouts
Today’s beloved meteorologist Al Roker goes missing from NBC show after hinting at retirement on-air

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ Show beloved meteorologist Al Roker was reportedly missing from NBC show after he hinted at his retirement on-air a few days ago.

Although Roker’s absence on Monday was notable to ‘Today’ Show viewers, his co-host Craig Melvin updated the fans about where he had gone.

Last week, Melvin and other co-hosts talked about Roker’s big weekend as it marked double celebrations. It was Roker’s 69th birthday and he also took his son back to college for his sophomore year.

Roker enjoyed a delicious supper on his birthday eve with his family. He took to Instagram to share food spread across their outdoor table which featured lettuce wraps, deviled eggs, vegetables for the burgers and condiments.

Where is Al Roker?

On Monday, August 21 ‘Today’ Show broadcast, Al Roker was nowhere to be seen in his usual spot. However, Craig Melvin explained his whereabouts before kicking off the segment.

He said, “He’s celebrating his birthday.” He continued, “He dropped Nick off at college yesterday, so Al is taking the morning off.”

Roker had a busy weekend as he accompanied his son, Nick, back to college for his sophomore year.

However, the excitement didn't stop there. On Sunday (August 20) night, the beloved anchor celebrated his birthday in style.

Roker took to Instagram to share snapshots of the celebratory dinner he enjoyed with family and friends.

The meal featured delectable dishes such as steak, mushrooms, greens, and what appeared to be a mouthwatering pasta dish from Bimi's Canteen & Bar.

He captioned the post, “A yummy (birthday dinner) at @bimiscanteen tonight in (Chatham, NY).”

After the whirlwind of emotions surrounding Nick's departure and his own birthday festivities, Roker will likely be returning to his regular routine on Tuesday, August 22.

Al Roker’s special gift from wife Deborah Roberts

On Al Roker’s 69th birthday, his wife Deborah Roberts gifted him a $450 surprise gift. Roker took to Instagram to share the gift which he put in the backyard of their New York City home.

The video captured Roker cooking food on the grill while the background featured the song 'Ring of Fire' by Johnny Cash.

Roker said, “Yes, welcome to the ring of fire,” as he panned his phone camera on the products in his backyard.

He continued, “My Kamado Joe, my new Blackstone, pizza oven, big green egg, and the hasty-bake. The Ring. Of. Fire.”

He captioned the post, “My birthday present from Deborah Roberts is a @blackstoneproducts griddle, completing my ring of fire.”

The item seemed to be the Blackstone 28-inch grill which retails at $450.

Tags news epcelebs