Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Ruby Leigh? Niall Horan mocks Reba McEntire's accent as they feud over teen singer

2023-09-27 09:26
'The Voice' Season 24's 16-year-old singer Ruby Leigh picks Reba McEntire as her coach
'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Ruby Leigh? Niall Horan mocks Reba McEntire's accent as they feud over teen singer

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'The Voice' Season 24's 16-year-old Ruby Leigh won all the 4 judges' hearts in the audition round. Sporting a style and knowing how to play a guitar was something that stunned the panelists the most.

The teen comes from a small Missouri town of 68 people. Roby follows god's faith. Her social media bio reads, "God first!"

Ruby managed to bag 4 chair turns with her soulful voice. She claims, "Music is my life and my life is music."

Besides singing and playing guitar being the best of her traits, Ruby also loves to play snooker. Roby is a great family lover. She is often seen posting about her mother, sister, and father on social media.

Niall Horan praised the budding singer, "Your energy is insane. You got 4 chairs for a reason."

Niall made fun of Reba McEntire as he complimented Ruby by imitating the judge. He tried Reba's Southern drawl, saying, "You're really exciting and I would love you to be on mah team." He dragged while asking, "You know what I'm saying, mah team."

Reba backfired, "That was the worst country accent I've ever heard in my life."

Ruby Leigh's rendition of 'I Want to Be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart' bags 4 chair turn

The 16-year-old Ruby performed on 'I Want to Be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart' by Patsy Montana. She made the judges go in awe as she started yodeling.

John Legend became the first one to turn his chair. After hearing Ruby's yodeling, the other three pressed the buzzer without thinking twice.

Throughout the performance, we saw the judges clapping, singing together with Ruby and clearly being awestruck by her performance.

Behind the stage, we saw Ruby's father, mother and sister cheering her.

As all the 4 chairs turned and Roby introduced herself as a 16-year-old Gwen Stefani shouted in shock, "What? Oh my god"

John Legend believes Ruby Leigh could 'win 'The Voice''

John Legend claimed after Roby's performance, "I truly never heard anything like what you just did."

He continued to praise the singer, "I love you have clear and precise and piercing and beautiful, tone-wise, and then you started yodeling, it was like 'How is the human being able to do the things you could do it."

He then added, "You could win 'The Voice,' honestly." Gwen affirmed, "Yeah."

'The Voice' Season 24: Reba McEntire steals Ruby Leigh

Ruby revealed that she is a 3rd generation "rodeo brad." The judge was proud of Ruby for taking her heritage ahead.

As the judges asked who Ruby wants to pick as her coach, the audience wore a redhead, hinting Ruby to pick Reba.

She finally said, "I picked Reba."

After getting Ruby on her team, Reba said, "When Ruby started yodeling, I was like holy crap I really want her in my team." Reba further believes Ruby can be a star and have a huge following.

'The Voice' Season 24 airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 pm ET on NBC.