Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Liam Payne OK? Former One Direction singer cancels tour after being hospitalized for 'serious' health scare

2023-08-26 09:50
Liam Payne shared an update on his health following a 'serious kidney infection'
Is Liam Payne OK? Former One Direction singer cancels tour after being hospitalized for 'serious' health scare

CLEVELAND, OHIO: One Direction star Liam Payne recently gave an update on his upcoming tour of South America and his health.

The singer canceled his South American tour after being hospitalized with a kidney infection.

Payne revealed his health concerns in a lengthy video he posted on his social media.

Payne started the video by saying, "Hey guys this really is the last news I want to be telling you but basically I've been a little bit unwell recently and I ended up in the hospital with a bad kidney infection."

Payne explained, "We've started rehearsals and I've just been advised that now's really not the right time to be out on the road trying to recover from this."

He added, "The best people around me are trying to help me recover as we speak but yeah we're going to have to reschedule it all."

The former One Direction member concluded his video and said, "Please look out for ways to refund your tickets. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Hopefully we'll put on an even bigger and better show. Thank you and sorry."

However, Payne wrote that his team is working to reschedule but for now, tickets will be refunded at the point of purchase.

Payne's South America tour was scheduled to kick off in Lima, Peru, on September 1 and was set to wrap on September 12 in Mexico City.

Liam Payne was nearly six months sober after 100 days in rehab

Liam Payne recently announced that he has been sober for nearly six months after spending nearly 100 days in a Louisiana rehab facility.

He said in a YouTube video, "I just kind of feel like I've got more of a grip on life and everything that was getting away from me, I just feel like I've got more of a handle on it."

Payne noted that he just needed to take some time for himself because he was kind of becoming someone he didn't really recognize anymore.

The singer added, "And I'm sure you guys didn't either. I was in bad shape up until that point and I was really happy to kind of put a stopper to life and work."

During his absence, Payne was completely cut off from the outside world. In his video, he notes that he had no phone for nearly 100 days to focus on his recovery.

The singer further noted, "I didn't connect with the outside world at all. Upon leaving, the hardest part was turning the phone back on because it was a little bit scary."

Notably, Payne also revealed that he hadn't picked up an alcoholic drink in nearly six months.

However, he described being 'a little bit scared' about going back on the road because "I haven't road tested in this new frame of mind and not having anything to lean on does sound quite daunting."

Liam Payne was born with only one functioning kidney

Liam Payne didn't drink in the early days of One Direction because he had only one functioning kidney after a premature birth.

However, things changed in 2012 when he announced he actually had two functioning kidneys after the other one "fixed itself."

He shared the update on Twitter and wrote, "Just been for an ultrasound on my kidney turns out its fixed form when I was a baby!!! :o so now I have two :)"

Payne, however, had spoken openly about his struggle with alcoholism at the height of the band's success, when he spent a lot of time traveling during four world tours.

In a 2021 interview with the podcast 'The Diary of a CEO," Payne talked about the fact that he didn't particularly like himself during his boy band days, which he said were marked by "pills and booze" and "moments of suicidal ideation."

Where is 'One Direction' member Liam Payne now?

Although One Direction went on an indefinite hiatus in 2016, a year after Zayn Malik left the band, Payne continued to release his singles like the other boys.

However, the former member of One Direction, Liam Payne, has not released a full album since 2019's LP1.

Payne was expected to make a comeback to music before his tour kicked off in September. He has also previously teased that his new album is in the works.

In an interview with iFL TV in May, Payne shared, "I've been making an album for a change, which is quite fun."

He shared his excitement and noted, "It's been good, I'm excited to bring it out, and I definitely want to tour this time, which is unusual."

Payne has been traveling for the last few months. He recently visited Disneyland following a wonderful time in Dubai.