Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who was Josh Davies? Wisconsin man dies after stranger punched him outside bar as he didn't like his tattoos

2023-07-14 14:50
Josh Davies was reportedly on a dinner date with his wife on June 17 when a discussion with a man at a bar became violent, according to his family
Who was Josh Davies? Wisconsin man dies after stranger punched him outside bar as he didn't like his tattoos

BROOKFIELD, WISCONSIN: A man from Waukesha County died on Wednesday, July 12 almost a month after being struck in the head outside a Hartland bar by a Brookfield stranger who is now facing charges. The reason he was targeted, according to his family, was because of his tattoos. The family of Delafield's Josh Davies claimed he was out on a date with his wife on June 17 when a stranger made remarks about his tattoos before punching him.

Jamie Davies told FOX6 a few hours after her older brother died, "This was a tragic, horrific, senseless, heinous act that has now taken my brother's life." She added, "The suffering and pain my brother endured for the last 26 days was not his fault." The sister claimed her brother had been the victim of a crime, and it was just over his tattoos. "This guy didn’t even know my brother," she added.

Who was Josh Davies?

Josh Davies, 39, was on a dinner date with his wife on June 17 when a discussion with a man at a bar became violent, according to the victim's family, who spoke to CBS 58. "This perpetrator ended up not liking my brother for how he looked. It's someone my brother didn't even know. Just a total stranger," said the victim's sister. The criminal complaint claims that Brookfield resident Kevin Sehmer, 64, told Josh he was going to hell because of his tattoos and that God would not save him. "He has nothing inappropriate whatsoever on his body. We all like ink," sister Jamie said. "It's nothing that's offensive to anyone."

'My brother never deserved this'

According to the police, Sehmer followed Davies outside, struck him, and then fled. "Josh got punched in the head, causing him to go unconscious," Davies stated. "My brother never deserved this whatsoever. It was such a hateful thing for this man to do to my brother." Sehmer was charged with battery on June 19 and released after posting a $1,500 bond, according to CCAP. Josh died on Wednesday, July 12 after 26 days in the intensive care unit and three skull surgeries. According to his family, he died as a result of Sehmer's punch. A GoFundMe page has been put up to assist Daveis' family with medical bills and burial expenses. "My brother, and our family, we all deserve justice over this," his sister stated. The grieving family of Davies wants Sehmer taken off the streets. "I'm never going to see my brother or be able to talk to him again. So, if you ask me, he deserves absolutely everything coming to him," Jamie said.

Officials considering 'potential' elevated charges

The new update stated that, as per WISN 12 News, Sue Opper, the district attorney for Waukesha County said that she is coordinating with the Hartland Police Department and Waukesha County Medical Examiner's Office to decide if the charges against the guy will be escalated. "I'm just asking that the gentleman be arrested before he flees. I'm asking that Susan Opper, you have a murderer sitting at his home right now," noted Michael Elkins, a family friend. Opper stated that she cannot issue a warrant for Sehmer's arrest at this time because of the lack of elevated charges.

Friends called Josh 'the life of the party'

Friends flocked to social media to demand justice for Josh. "I truly hope Josh Davies wife and family get some justice and the charges against this piece of human trash are increased although it will never be enough to bring back this husband, father, and friend. So sad and senseless. You will be missed by many Josh," wrote one person. Someone who knows Josh's wife said, "Someone I deeply care about had her husband taken from her … bc he had tattoos.

A stranger he didn’t even know… while he was out on a date with his wife…. Attacked him…bc he had tattoos. I would never make a post like this, but this is what’s happening now? Jenn I love you. My words don’t mean anything right now. We will always be there for you." "We all lost a good friend in Josh Davies. One of the kindest guys you would ever know. He was definitely the life of the party. RIP Josh you will be missed. Love ya brother," wrote another friend.

Tags news