Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Today’ host Al Roker’s almost falls off table while welcoming US Open winner Coco Gauff

2023-09-13 15:26
The 'Today's hosts spoke to Coco Gauff and her parents, Corey and Candi, after her victory at the US Open
‘Today’ host Al Roker’s almost falls off table while welcoming US Open winner Coco Gauff

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ meteorologist Al Roker nearly "fell" during a recent episode as he welcomed US Open champion Coco Gauff.

On Tuesday, September 12, the team gave a warm welcome to Gauff and her parents, Corey and Candi.

This comes after ‘Today’ hosts Hoda Kotb, Craig Melvin, Savannah Guthrie and Roker attended the US Open and congratulated Gauff.

Each host took to Instagram to share the big win. Roker, Kotb and Melvin posted a similar video that featured the anchors meeting Gauff after her win and giving her a warm hug.

Roker captioned the post, “I think we were just a tad excited to meet the reigning @usta @usopen Women’s Champion @cocogauff today ahead of her exclusive sit down tomorrow am on @todayshow and so thrilled to meet her dad, @coreygauff.”

Al Roker nearly falls while meeting Coco Gauff

On the episode, Kotb and Guthrie kicked off the exclusive segment as they welcomed Gauff. While they talked about her epic win, Melvin and Roker joined them towards the end of the segment and brought gifts for the champion.

However, while Melvin found himself seated beside Kotb, Roker sat on the table and nearly fell off. Fortunately, Gauff’s father was next to him and helped him.

Coco Gauff shares her big win

Meanwhile, Gauff shared her emotions after becoming the US Open 2023 female winner.

Guthrie asked, “How are you feeling at this moment?”

Gauff replied, “It's still crazy. I don't think it's digested. Like, even last night, I was telling myself, you're a Grand Slam Champion. And I'm like, it doesn't feel real at all.”

Kotb asked, “I think a lot of people wept when you got down on your knees a couple of times and you were clearly saying a prayer. What were you saying in that moment?”

Gauff said, “I was just saying thank you. And I understood all the tough times were just to make that moment even sweeter."

She added, "I think if it came easy, I wouldn't feel as appreciative as I did in that moment. Clearly, it does feel that way.”