Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I feel amazing and I'm super happy': Liam Payne says he's been sober 'over 100 days' and is working on a new album

2023-05-18 04:56
'I've been making an album for a change which is quite fun. It's been good, so I'm excited to bring it out here,' said Liam Payne
'I feel amazing and I'm super happy': Liam Payne says he's been sober 'over 100 days' and is working on a new album

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Liam Payne is excited and enjoying his ‘sober’ life! The 'One Direction' alum shared that he had been without alcohol for over three months in a recent interview. "I'm sober now over 100 days," Payne told iFL TV after an interviewer complimented his appearance. "I feel amazing. I feel really, really good, and the support from the fans and everything has been really, really good, so I'm super happy."

The ‘Fireproof’ singer added that he struggled with the fame and spotlight and turned to alcohol quite often. "It's almost like putting the Disney costume on before you step up on stage and underneath the Disney costume I was pissed quite a lot of the time because there was no other way to get your head around what was going on," shared Payne with Men's Health Australia in 2019. "I mean, it was fun. We had an absolute blast, but there were certain parts of it where it just got a little bit toxic." The band members including Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, and Louis Tomlinson, all went solo while pursuing their career in 2015, reports People.

READ MORE

Did Liam Payne get cosmetic surgery? Singer's dramatic new look leaves fans shocked

Liam Payne defends GF Kate Cassidy after troll says she's only with him for money

'I'm really excited to get back'

Payne released his debut album 'LP1' in 2019 before releasing a few one-off singles. "I've been making an album for a change which is quite fun. It's been good, so I'm excited to bring it out here and I definitely want to tour this time, which is unusual 'cause I wasn't sure I was gonna tour for a long time," said the 29-year-old said. "I was kind of over it a little bit. But I'm really excited to get back out on the road and go and see all the fans."

I feel like I know myself so much more

Payne will be in Old Trafford, Manchester, on June 11 for part of Soccer Aid, raising funds for Unicef UK, though he lost last year, he’s hopeful this time. "I think it's different this year approaching 30. I feel like I know myself so much more and not feeling those confidence issues I had last year. I was really serious and I just wish I just had more fun and that's what it's about," he told the PA news agency.