Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ γ€Š Yeyep β€’ Com 》

What is the Taylor Swift Law? Fans say 'the power she holds is insane'

2023-06-21 17:55
The Taylor Swift Law was proposed in Brazil after the pop star announced the international dates of her Eras tour
What is the Taylor Swift Law? Fans say 'the power she holds is insane'

SAO PAULO, BRAZIL: Taylor Swift isn't abandoning foreign Swifties, as the singer has already revealed that her Eras tour would take her through Latin America, Asia, Australia, and Europe till 2024. The pop star shared the international tour dates through a tweet, writing, "EXCUSE ME HI I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ I can’t wait to see so many of you on The Eras Tour next year at these new international dates!"

Moreover, Swift will be joined by a new companion, Sabrina Carpenter, for a portion of the tour, to be featured on specific dates around Latin America. The foreign leg of the tour has 50 dates so far, with a total of 102 concerts, making this her third-largest tour behind Fearless and Speak Now. Since the news of her international tour was announced, Brazil has executed a new law for her show known as the Taylor Swift Law.

What is the Taylor Swift Law?

A bill called the Taylor Swift Law has been proposed in Brazil, which bars ticket scalpers from reselling tickets for a profit. And the punishment certainly fits the crime, which involved up to four years in prison and a fine of up to a hundred times the ticket value, as reported by Latesly. Purchasing tickets for Swift's upcoming Eras tour in Sao Paulo has been a task in itself. Fans had to struggle with scalpers after spending days in line despite the cold approaching winter. Moreover, many were left empty-handed as tickets sold out in 40 minutes, while online queues had over two million people before opening, as per Brazillian Report.

Several fans also claimed to get violent threats from scalpers who attempted to cut the line. Consumer protection officers have already removed over 30 scalpers from the ticket lines and arrested at least ten people. Scalping is already illegal in Brazil, and offenders might get a sentence of up to two years in prison though most cases result in community service, as per reports.

'The power she holds is insane'

Since the news of the Taylor Swift Law surfaced, her fans haven't shied away from expressing their views. As one of her followers took to Twitter and wrote, ""Taylor Swift Law" the power she holds is insane." Another said, "Taylor's impact is global despite what stan twt says." "This tour is crazy boosting the economy, took Ticketmaster to court, ending scalpers in Brazil 'Taylor Swift Law', presidents sending her letter to come to their country, every city offering her something if i a key, Chang city name, swift holiday, and literally, made her a mayor," wrote a fan pointing out how significant this tour has been for Swift.

Tags news epcelebs