Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Paige Spiranac: When former golfer’s mother threatened to ban her from playing the sport: ‘I learned my lesson’

2023-08-06 19:47
Keep reading to know why Paige Spiranac's mother threatened to ban her from playing golf
Paige Spiranac: When former golfer’s mother threatened to ban her from playing the sport: ‘I learned my lesson’

WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO: Fan-favorite, former golfer turned influencer, Paige Spiranac quit professional golfing early in her career. Spiranac had been a well-known golfer in her early years, but the strain led her to give up competitive golf. However, she always did have a good way in interacting with her fans and admirers which led to her having some interesting stories to tell, either through her social media accounts or through her podcast.

Spiranac is currently one of the golf industry's most popular figures. Rather than being a former golfer, she is more well-known as a social media sensation. Despite not being a professional, she continues to have one of the most influential voices in the sport because to her podcast 'Playing A Round'.

'I learned my lesson'

Back in 2022, Spiranac, who was a star on the amateur circuit from a young age, said that she once cheated while on the pitch. The winner of Ladies European Tour admitted of cheating by replacing the ball while in the water. She did, however, add that if she ever cheated again, her mother would forbid her from playing golf. Spiranac claimed that because of dread for her mother, she never tried to commit any foul play on the field.

Opening up about her cheating incident, Paige Spiranac said, “I cheated myself once, and I learned my lesson the very hard way. It was one of my very first tournaments, I ended up hitting a ball in the water but I was on a very steep slope. I just ended up dropping another ball and saying I found it… I played it off and my mom, who packed my golf bag the night before, said 'hey you started the round with six balls how do you only have five?'”

Spiranac then added on to say that she "learned her lesson" by realizing how angry her mother had become to learn about the foul.

She said, “She (her mother) is one of the sweetest ladies ever but she is scary, you do not want to disappoint her. She just gave me this look and she said 'if you ever do that again, if I ever catch you cheating, you will never play golf ever again.' I was like 'OK' and I learned my lesson."

Why did Paige Spiranac quit golf?

At the young age of 30, Paige Spiranac appears healthy enough to play professionally. The native of Colorado has made a name for herself as an influencer, though. Spiranac, an online creator of golf-related entertainment, discussed why she decided to give up the game in an interview.

The social media celebrity turned ex-golfer claimed that the strain of the game caused her to give up. The issue, in Spiranac's opinion, was not talent but rather her mental state. She claimed that the pressure was "too much" for her, and as a result, she had trouble playing well.

Earlier she said, “For me, it was never physical ability. It was always mental, I think it has gone better now that I just play it for fun. That’s why my game is even better than when I was playing pro." It truly seems that Spiranc is happy playing golf for fun rather than in competition.