Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jonathan Majors countersues his accuser and ex-GF Grace Jabbari for domestic violence

2023-06-27 20:47
According to Jonathan Majors' counter-complaint, it was Grace Jabbari who attacked him on March 25
Jonathan Majors countersues his accuser and ex-GF Grace Jabbari for domestic violence

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK: Jonathan Majors was arrested on March 25 in Manhattan on misdemeanor charges of strangling, assault and harassment stemming from an alleged domestic argument with his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari. Now, the 'Lovecraft Country' star has filed a cross-complaint against Jabbari and, according to sources, NYPD has determined there was probable cause, but no arrest has been made.

Majors provided the police with his version of the events as part of the complaint against Jabbari. He stated that it was Jabbari who attacked him and "not the other way around, during a March 25 dispute on a Chinatown street corner," per Insider.

'Drunk and hysterical'

Jabbari claimed that Majors left her finger fractured, twisted her arm and struck her in the ear, causing her to bleed. Majors is still facing charges in connection with the incident and has refuted the allegations. The actor asserted in an affidavit that a "drunk and hysterical" Jabbari punched and scratched him the night of their altercation.

The actor's counterclaims against Jabbari were also being looked at by a second NYPD precinct, the one that covers Majors' penthouse residence in Manhattan's Chelsea district. According to Majors' defense lawyer Priya Chaudhry and official sources, both precincts determined probable cause to arrest Jabbari and issued what was known as an "incident card" or "I-Card," a digital file instructing cops to take Jabbari into custody, at least for questioning. However, Manhattan prosecutors, who are investigating the case against Majors, were hesitant "to turn the tables on Jabbari," and the "I-Card" was reportedly deactivated at the request of the DA's office.

'My face was stuck to the pillow'

According to Majors' statement, Jabbari held his face, coat and phone as he attempted to get away from her. Another time, he says that he lifted her back into their chauffeured black Cadillac Escalade after their argument spilled onto the street. "I was worried she would be hurt by traffic. So I physically picked her up and put her in the car," the report read, adding, "In the morning, my face was stuck to the pillow because of the blood from the cut from Jabbari digging her thumbnail into my face."

Majors also accused Jabbari of using his credit card without his permission and returning to London with his iPhone, "a Rolex vintage watch, and other luxury items that cost $6,000 to $7,000." The trial date for Jabbari's case against Majors has been set for August 3.

Tags news