Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Aurora? 'Sisters Wives' star Kody Brown gets daughter's ears pierced, Internet calls his behavior 'cringe'

2023-08-30 10:18
'Sisters Wives' Season 18 episode 2 showed the TLC show star Kody Brown convinced his daughter, Aurora Brown, to get her ears pierced
Who is Aurora? 'Sisters Wives' star Kody Brown gets daughter's ears pierced, Internet calls his behavior 'cringe'

FLAGSTAFF, ARIZONA: 'Sisters Wives' Season 18 episode 2 showed the TLC show star Kody Brown convinced his daughter, Aurora Brown, to get her ears pierced. However, Kody was criticized for his behavior toward Aurora during an outing.

Aurora Brown is the daughter of Robyn Brown and her ex-husband, David Preston Jessop. She is Robyn's second child and eldest daughter.

Kody Brown adopted Aurora in 2012 after her mother spiritually married the 'Sisters Wives' star. Aurora's social media account is set to private but her bio reveals that she studies astronomy at Northern Arizona University and is interested in music and science.

However, in the latest episode, Kody had a conversation with his and Robyn's 21-year-old daughter, Aurora, to get her ears pierced. Kody told the camera while driving with Aurora to the appointment, "This will be the first time I've ever gone with one of my daughters to get their ears pierced."

Aurora explained that she had a long conversation with her father about getting her ears pierced before making a decision. Kody gushed, "She was completely bought into what I was saying."

Kody added, "And she thought about it a lot and discussed it with me and her mom and said, 'I want to do it.'" Meanwhile, one of the scenes from the episode made the viewers cringe as they found Kody's behaviour 'creepy'.

Kody traced Aurora's back with his fingers and grabbed the small of her back as they walked in. However, as the father-daughter walked out from the piercing shop, Kody seemingly checked out Aurora from behind and licked his lips as he looked up from behind.

The viewers slammed Kody in a Reddit thread as they wrote, "His gleefulness was so frickin creepy. Another Reddit user added, "It was cringey but I also took away that Aurora adores Kody and Kody needs that validation for his ego."

Another person said, "I agree….he looks like such an idiot being so giggly about Aurora getting her ears pierced. Also it’s creepy that Robyn keeps recreating her childhood with her kids, he said “Robyn promoted this idea” because she had the experience with her dad. 🙄🙄🙄🙄."

"Kody has a very uncomfortable relationship with Aurora and this episode sealed the dill, in my mind. He's completely obsessed with her purity and obedience," noted another social media user.

Another critic questioned, "Why didn’t Robyn go inside with them? He had her wait outside but FaceTimed her. That is so creepy and weird to me."

Posts from the sisterwives
community on Reddit Posts from the sisterwives
community on Reddit

Kody Brown's daughter Aurora spotted wearing 'Claddagh ring'

Kody Brown's daughter Aurora was seen wearing a 'Claddagh ring' in the latest episode. Kody's wife Meri Brown started the tradition of wearing a 'Claddagh ring' in the Brwon family for the wives and Kody.

However, Aurora wearing a ring, with a diamond in the middle of the heart on her right hand sparked multiple speculations after a blogger shared Aurora's photos. Meanwhile, Christine Brown previously mentioned that their other daughters have them but they weren't seen wearing them.

Kody Brown 'appreciates the respect' Aurora gives him

In the latest episode, Kody, who once restricted his family from piercing, revealed that he had a change of heart about allowing his family to have their pierced ears. He explained that he had a 'family agreement' with his first three wives and now exes, Meri, Christine, and Janelle, that no one would have their pierced ears, a rule their church enforced.

The reality star even admitted that he forced Janelle and Christine to remove their earrings before joining the family, but he relaxed his stance when he married his fourth wife, Robyn, 44. Kody confessed, "I want to do my family right, you know? We're going to play by the rules type of thing."

Kody added in a confessional interview, "But then Robyn comes in the family, and Robyn's got piercings and her dad took her to get them." Kody seemingly tried to recreate Robyn's childhood as he took their daughter for a piercing.

He later complimented about his relationship with Aurora, saying he 'appreciates the respect' she's given him in waiting for his approval.

How many children does Kody Brown have?

Kody Brown, a notable figure in the world of polygamy, is a proud father of 18 children. He has 15 biological children and three step-children, whom he adopted.

Kody shares one daughter Leon Brown with his ex-wife Meri Brown. Meanwhile, Janelle Brown has six kids Kody, Logan, Maddie, Hunter, Garrison, Gabriel, and Savannah.

Kody and Christine also have six kids, Aspyn and Mykelti, Paedon, Ysabel, Gwendolyn, and Truley. However, Kody adopted Robyn Brown's kids, Dayton, Aurora, and Brenna, from her previous marriage and shared two more children of their own, Solomon and Ariella.

Who is 'Sisters Wives' star Kody Brown?

Kody Brown is a famous polygamist known for his appearance in the TLC show 'Sister Wives.' He was raised Mormon by parents Genielle and William Brown.

Kody's father was also a polygamist later in his life, and eventually had three wives of his own. However, his parents struggled with the dichotomy of the Mormon faith and plural marriage.