Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Noel Gallagher returning to studio to make his fifth solo album

2023-12-01 16:15
After banking enough tunes during the pandemic to fill two records, Noel Gallagher says he is getting set to return to the studio to make his next solo album in the New Year.
Noel Gallagher returning to studio to make his fifth solo album

Noel Gallagher is set to return to the studio to make his next solo album.

The former Oasis frontman, 56, narrowly missed the No1 spot with his fourth High Flying Birds record ‘Council Skies’ in June, but will be hoping to land the top spot with his latest effort which he says he’s going to start recording the New Year after banking enough tunes to fill two albums.

He was quoted in The Sun saying: “I’ve had to stop writing because I need to get these songs recorded and get them out there so I can write some more.

“In the pandemic there was nothing to do all day so I just wrote songs. There’s another two albums-worth of material there.

“I think I’m going to be back in the studio in January, so we’ll see where it goes from there.”

Noel also said he was still learning about the impact of his anthems on audiences, adding: “I wouldn’t still be doing it after 30 years if I didn’t love it.

“You tend to find out more about the songs when you play them live than when you're just listening to them at home. It’s a special thing.

“The live experience, although the songs are the same – it’s a little bit different.

Noel recently said he wants to follow in Adele’s footsteps with a Las Vegas residency.

The singer, who was in Sin City in October to see his friends U2 perform their ‘Achtung Baby’ album, added he loved the idea of not having to move in between gigs like Elvis during his famed runs in Vegas.

He told comedian Matt Morgan on his podcast: “Would I do Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds in Vegas? Possibly in later life.

“You don’t have to go anywhere. You live in the hotel that you play at.

“Elvis Presley used to get a lift from his room to the stage – I wouldn’t mind doing that.”

Adele is thought to have been paid a record $1.2 million per night for her Vegas shows.