Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

The Lakers Heiress and the Comedian: Inside the secretive love story of Jeanie Buss and Jay Mohr

2023-09-04 21:46
Jay Mohr said Jeanie Buss was with him 'at my absolute worst and, like, hung around and watched me get well'
The Lakers Heiress and the Comedian: Inside the secretive love story of Jeanie Buss and Jay Mohr

MALIBU, CALIFORNIA: Jeanie Buss, owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, and comedian Jay Mohr have lawfully married.

The Lakers heiress and the comedian took vows in front of just 20 guests in an "intimate" wedding ceremony on Sunday in Malibu, California, as per TMZ.

The delighted pair, who had shared a touching public moment during a Lakers game earlier this year, went to a nearby beach for their post-wedding photo shoot.

When did Jeanie Buss and Jay Mohr begin dating?

Mohr reportedly started dating LA Lakers owner Jeanie Buss in 2017. The couple tied the knot on September 3, after getting engaged in December 2022.

Even though Buss, 61, and Mohr, 53, started dating in January 2017, they didn't make their relationship public until 2021.

It's unknown if the couple signed a pre-nuptial contract.

What is Jeanie Buss' net worth?

Buss, whose father Jerry Buss died in 2013, took ownership of the Lakers. She has a net worth of almost $500 million, according to Forbes.

Buss is one of the most influential women in sports and a co-owner of Women of Wrestling, which now broadcasts on Paramount in more than 200 US cities owing to a syndication agreement she helped negotiate.

Mohr's net worth is thought to be around $4 million.

When did Jeanie Buss and Jay Mohr meet?

Both Jay Mohr and Jeanie Buss had married and separated before they met in 2021.

Mohr and Nicole Chamberlain, were married from 1998 to 2004, and have a child together named Jackson.

He later wed Nikki Cox, with whom he welcomed a son named Meredith before the two of them were divorced in 2018.

Buss was also married to Steve Timmons, a former volleyball player in the professional ranks, from 2000 until 2003.

She then reportedly started a long-lasting romance with 77-year-old former Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson.

The sports executive eventually met Mohr, and in September 2021, they announced their relationship in a post uploaded on her Instagram and on X (formerly Twitter).

They were engaged in December of last year.

Mohr opened up about relationship with Buss

Mohr discussed his relationship with Buss during an appearance on 'The Adam Carolla Show', describing how she was essential in his recovery when he was battling with substance misuse issues.

He said, "I'm very lucky. She was with me at my absolute worst and, like, hung around and watched me get well...that's victory, you know?"