Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Does Johnny Depp struggle with addiction? Actor's excessive partying is apparently causing his friends to worry

2023-08-12 21:50
'There are probably a lot of reasons [for which] he wants to check out, but some say the Amber drama still affects him,' an insider claimed
Does Johnny Depp struggle with addiction? Actor's excessive partying is apparently causing his friends to worry

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Johnny Depp has allegedly been leaving his friends and fans concerned over how much he is partying these days and his excessive drinking.

"Johnny’s pals fear his partying is once again catching up to him," an inside source told Life & Style. The source added, "Some claim his boozing has gotten so bad that they want to stage an intervention."

The outlet also mentioned how several reports alleged that Hollywood Vampires' Budapest show had to be canceled last minute as the actor was passed out drunk in his hotel room and required medical attention.

"His bandmates were furious but also concerned," the source shared. "Johnny doesn’t know when to stop," they stated.

Does Johnny Depp struggle with addiction?

Depp has long been open about his struggles with drug and alcohol addiction. During his 2020 defamation trial against News Group Newspapers, it was revealed that the actor was diagnosed with "primary dopamine imbalance, depression, chronic substance abuse disorder and nicotine addiction."

Speaking at the trial, Depp said at the time, "I have been open about my challenges with alcoholism and addiction throughout my life. I started drinking and taking drugs when I was still a child. I am not in any way embarrassed to say this."

While he eventually battled to get sober, Depp was also diagnosed with depression and chronic substance abuse, as per The Mirror.

"We heard all the ugly details and saw the shocking video of him at his worst," said the source who spoke to Life & Style, as they referred to Depp's alcohol and substance abuse issues.

Johnny Depp is still 'affected' by Amber Heard drama, claims source

While the verdict in the highly publicized Depp vs Heard trial was in Depp's favor, the actor is reportedly yet to move on from the drama caused from his messy divorce and subsequent defamation cases.

"There are probably a lot of reasons [for which] he wants to check out, but some say the Amber drama still affects him," an insider claimed.

"He’s famous for falling down, picking himself up, brushing himself off and moving on, but he can’t do that forever, and at some point something is going to give," they added.

"Johnny is way too old to be acting like a young rock star. He’s just not bouncing back like he used to," the insider further alleged.