Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Pauly D and Amanda Markert fight over their daughter? 'Jersey Shore' star's custody battle turns messy

2023-08-04 07:26
'Jersey Shore' star Pauly D and Amanda Markert had one daughter, Amabella Sophia Markert, after hooking up just once in Las Vegas, back in 2013
Why did Pauly D and Amanda Markert fight over their daughter? 'Jersey Shore' star's custody battle turns messy

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: 'Jersey Shore' stars have grown up quite a bit since the reality show first debuted on MTV more than a decade ago. Multiple cast members have gotten married and some of them also become parents, including Nicole 'Snookie' Polizzi, Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino, and Jenni 'JWoww' Farley.

However, Paul Delvecchio is also a dad of a daughter with a woman, Amanda Markert, even though she was never the reality star's girlfriend or wife. Notably, Paul D and Amanda had a very public custody battle not long after their daughter, Amabella Sophia Markert, was born in 2013.

Pauly D's messy custody battle with Amanda Markert

Pauly D and Amanda never intended to be a part of each other's lives but things changed after the pair had a child together. In October 2013, the two went to court against one another. The pair's headline-grabbing custody battle was fought over mainly two issues, money and custody. Pauly D wanted to have shared custody of their daughter. Meanwhile, Amanda wanted child support. According to a TMZ report, Pauly D claimed in his paperwork that he was ready and willing to pay child support once he had a relationship with his daughter. However, things quickly got messy when Pauly D petitioned for full custody of his daughter, claiming that Amanda was an "unfit mother" as she had previously worked at Hooters. Pauly D also cited the reported violence that took place between Amanda and the father of her other child.

On the other hand, Amanda claimed that Pauly D tried to convince her not to have the baby in the first place. Furthermore, Amanda reportedly had incriminating text messages from Pauly D which she considered selling to the media. Later, Amanda and Pauly D came to a settlement and agreed for shared custody of their daughter, with Amanda being the primary caregiver and receiving child support.

Pauly D and Amanda Markert had one night stand

Pauly D and Amanda met at a club in Las Vegas in 2013. Their hookup was intended as just a one-night stand and they have never been in a relationship. Notably, Pauly D didn't even know about Amabella's existence until Amanda threatened to file a paternity suit against him soon after their daughter was born. Pauly D took a DNA test and announced that he was, indeed, the dad. He said in his 2013 statement, "I'm proud I’m a father. I am excited to embark on this new part of my life." For the unaware, Amanda welcomed Amabella in May 2013. She already had a son named Mikey from a previous relationship.

'Jersey Shore: Family Vacation Season 7 will return on August 3 at 8 pm on MTV.