Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

George Stephanopoulos comes to Robin Roberts' rescue, shuts down Michael Strahan's bold question on 'GMA'

2023-10-20 12:46
Michael Strahan's personal question to Robin Roberts leaves co-hosts Lara Spencer and George Stephanopoulos stunned
George Stephanopoulos comes to Robin Roberts' rescue, shuts down Michael Strahan's bold question on 'GMA'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Good Morning America’ star George Stephanopoulos had to step in to play the mediator between his co-hosts Michael Strahan and Robin Roberts recently after the former NFL star surprised Roberts with a personal question.

The 62-year-old ABC News political commentator shut down Strahan on the morning show after the latter asked Roberts about her financial situation.

Strahan’s question put Roberts on the spot who hesitated to respond. George saw it and immediately intervened, “I object!”, leaving everyone in the studio in complete splits.

George Stephanopoulos dismisses Michael Strahan's lighthearted question to Robin Roberts

On one of the recent episodes of the morning show, Roberts and the sassy duo hosted 'Show Me the Money'.

In the 'GMA' segment, representatives traveled to California and assisted attendees at an LA Lakers game in recovering funds held in escrow, which they were unaware they could claim.

After seeing happy Californians flaunt their checks for thousands of dollars, Strahan without hesitation asked Roberts, "Do you think you have any money out there?”

Roberts was taken aback by this bold question. She hesitated at first but responded, “I don't know...”

Before she could say anything further, George interrupted, "I object!" The hosts burst out laughing, with Roberts saved from Strahan’s cheeky line of questioning.

Michael Strahan and Robin Roberts get into another squabble on ‘GMA’

Only recently, Strahan announced on the morning show that electronic music group Cash Cash and singer Taylor Dayne would be performing on the episode. He added that Dayne is one of his favorite people in the world.

Roberts gave the eye to Strahan at this moment as she jumped in when Strahan finished talking.

“No No No, 'cause she could tell a story about you’,” Roberts said in a bit of a shady manner. "Why do we-" Strahan started to say before Roberts interrupted him, laughing.

Evidently, there was a story about Dayne that Strahan preferred not to discuss. “Don't start nothin', won't be nothin’!" Roberts said, laughing, as she went on to the next segment.

All three hosts, including Stephanopoulos, laughed hard at the implication. They didn't get into the specifics of what story that Roberts was talking about.